CL | Quarter Final - 1st leg: Juventus - FC Barcelona 3-0

El Flaco

To be honest 95% of juventus fans are pretty convinced that barca was one of the worst pick for us (juventus)...

we have a very good defence but versus MSN if they play as they know there is NOTHING to do and we know it... as one of you said correctly juventus is a strong team but our strenght doesn't work against barca.

For example vs real madrid or atletico i would have been MUCH more confident

Welcome!

Horatio

You're welcome
To be honest 95% of juventus fans are pretty convinced that barca was one of the worst pick for us (juventus)...

we have a very good defence but versus MSN if they play as they know there is NOTHING to do and we know it... as one of you said correctly juventus is a strong team but our strenght doesn't work against barca.

Welcome!

But yeah, you are right to fear us. We will advance.

Richard.H

I think you might have a chance this time much like Inter in 2010. Juve is a strong all around team while we are a one trick pony team nowadays (only relying on MSN magic). Our mid is shit and our defense can be quite bad too.

However, I do think the game will depend on how MSN will play. If they aren't in form and aren't in sync, Barca will not score any goals.

viper76

For me Juventus are the favorites they work like a team and has been constant more or less the whole season while Barca having the worst season on the last 10 years .

vlad

im not optimist after malaga match, also this thing with focusing on CL, im afraid its not working like that, not when we talk about barca, every CL they won, they had great tournament overall, and its not the case in this one, they are not real, they cant win CL with shit display.

Juve is great team, i respect them, they are not as strong as when they played CL final 2 years ago, but barca is far from strong also, looking forward to the match

edit: o yeah, defending set-pieces against mandzukic, bonucci, khedira, chiellini, higuain... good luck pique

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
im not optimist after malaga match, also this thing with focusing on CL, im afraid its not working like that, not when we talk about barca, every CL they won, they had great tournament overall, and its not the case in this one, they are not real, they cant win CL with shit display.

Juve is great team, i respect them, they are not as strong as when they played CL final 2 years ago, but barca is far from strong also, looking forward to the match

edit: o yeah, defending set-pieces against mandzukic, bonucci, khedira, chiellini, higuain... good luck pique

Which is why I think it might be worth starting with either Pique - Umtiti - Mathieu or Digne in place of Mathieu with Mascherano CDM.

Because if Mascherano starts as a CB, they will try to bully him on corners, set-pieces and then that will mean that Gomes will start as the CDM, who is absolutely useless in the air for a guy with his stature.

Last edited:

vlad

Which is why I think it might be worth starting with either Pique - Umtiti - Mathieu or Digne in place of Mathieu with Mascherano CDM.

Because if Mascherano starts as a CB, they will try to bully him on corners, set-pieces and then that will mean that Gomes will start as the CDM, who is absolutely useless in the air for a guy with his stature.

i think that will be the case, because busquets is suspended, so probably mascherano will play as a DM, it will be interesting to see line up, im hoping for 3-4-3, but without busquets its tricky

dakt

Juve is strong. At this moment, given our inconsistency, I give 60:40 for Juve. This feels a lot like 2013, after the comeback against Milan.
Don't get me wrong...they are among top 5 clubs now....maybe even 3 and high competitors for the CL throne.

zipippino

Hi I'm an Italian and Juventus fan. I'm curious about what do you think about us and about the game. Personally i think that Barca is one of the best team and one of the worst draw. MSN will be hard to match , but our defense will be strong! May the best one win! PS: We no longer play with 3-5-2. BBC doesn't exists now. We use 4-2-3-1. #respect
Bye

PhilS

Just do not start any players who:
Have proven they do not deserve playing time, or
Have been playing so little that they are not match-ready.

I would go with:
Ter Stegen
Pique Umtitti Mathieu
S. Roberto, Rak, Masch, Iniesta
MSN

Or,
Ter Stegen
S. Roberto, Pique, Umtitti, Alba
Rak, Masch, Iniesta
MSN

Barcilliant

Sevilla and Lyon tied Juventus at Juventus' stadium.

I think it's 32 home LEAGUE wins. Haven't checked.

Juve will look for the set pieces and the counter. They aren't a physical, hard pressing team. I'd be surprised if they do press.

For DM it's either Roberto or Mascherano for me. If ou5 players aren't motivated for a cl Qf against a big club they should retire now.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Neymar, Pique and Rakitic one yellow away from getting suspended for the 2nd leg. ...

Home of Barca Fans