CL | Round of 16 - 2nd Leg: FC Barcelona - Paris Saint-Germain 6-1 (6-5 agg.)

beogatts

if we want to win this, we need play like it is the final match to win a cup this season.
players gotta give it all.

TrueCule

I believe in a comeback. In the past years I've seen many comebacks from Barca on Camp Nou and I think that we can pull it off this season too. It won't be easy, but it's not impossible. Since Lucho announced his departure, we've been playing amazing football trashing opponents with 4+ goal difference and from then on, it can only go upwards. We found our old form and we are playing better and better footbal from match to match. The chemistry in the team is back, all players are energized and maximally motivated. A match in Paris was just a bad day for us and on the other hand, PSG had a game of the season. They obviously can't play like that again. They aren't THAT good that they wouldn't be able to concede 4 or 5 goals against us. If MSN trio is in form and if they are clinical, we can easily score a lot of goals.

With Messi in the form as he is currently, it is realistic to expect a comeback. If he is in form he can pull his team with him. He is unstoppable. I believe in this team. I believed in this team when a lot of fans already gave up and wanted Lucho to resign.
My prediction: 4:0 for Barca on full time and Messi to score a goal in extra time to take us to the next stage.

F

FlaFCB

I believe in a comeback. In the past years I've seen many comebacks from Barca on Camp Nou and I think that we can pull it off this season too. It won't be easy, but it's not impossible. Since Lucho announced his departure, we've been playing amazing football trashing opponents with 4+ goal difference and from then on, it can only go upwards. We found our old form and we are playing better and better footbal from match to match. The chemistry in the team is back, all players are energized and maximally motivated. A match in Paris was just a bad day for us and on the other hand, PSG had a game of the season. They obviously can't play like that again. They aren't THAT good that they wouldn't be able to concede 4 or 5 goals against us. If MSN trio is in form and if they are clinical, we can easily score a lot of goals.

With Messi in the form as he is currently, it is realistic to expect a comeback. If he is in form he can pull his team with him. He is unstoppable. I believe in this team. I believed in this team when a lot of fans already gave up and wanted Lucho to resign.
My prediction: 4:0 for Barca on full time and Messi to score a goal in extra time to take us to the next stage.
It's not realistic at all. Psg is not Wolfsburg, and they'll be defending a 4 goal lead. If at least one goal had been scored in Paris, we'd maybe have a chance. Our best score of recent years against them is 3-1.

TrueCule

It's not realistic at all. Psg is not Wolfsburg, and they'll be defending a 4 goal lead. If at least one goal had been scored in Paris, we'd maybe have a chance. Our best score of recent years against them is 3-1.

We'll soon find out. If anyone is capable of turning that tie around, it's us.

F

FlaFCB

We'll soon find out. If anyone is capable of turning that tie around, it's us.
That kind of come back has never been done in the CL. If it happens, it'll be treated as the comeback of the century. So it's really not realistic to expect it. Not even Pep's Barça did anything remotely resembling that. A bit of respect for the opposition is also something to take into account. They just thrashed us before the world.

TrueCule

Be realistic. We already had a "remontada" where we only needed 2 goals at Camp Nou and we had a superior midfield.
Maybe this time we will have more luck. This team is more than capable of scoring 5 or more goals on any match against any opponent. If we scored 4 goals to Real on Bernabeu with THIS team, why wouldn't we do it again?

Nucky

Last few matches we scored a lot of goals but I don't think we can score in current form 5 vs PSG and not concede. We will see, I at least hope we will say goodbye with some dignity.

F

FlaFCB

Referee will be the german Deniz Aytekin. He was the ref for a Camp Nou game before, the 1-0 win vs APOEL.

Maybe this time we will have more luck. This team is more than capable of scoring 5 or more goals on any match against any opponent. If we scored 4 goals to Real on Bernabeu with THIS team, why wouldn't we do it again?

Psg is not rm under Benitez. That liga match wasn't a CL tie where they had a 4-0 advantage. Barça have never scored 4 past Psg before. There are many reasons.

Neymessi

People keep mentioning the reason that striking 4 past PSG is tougher than usual because they will be prepared to not let 4 goals sink in.

In that case we also have more chances to score 4 than in any other la liga match because we have to hit 4.

Machina

You actually believe that IF we manage to score 2 goals, they won't defend their lead by parking the bus? How well do we do in those situations?
I'm just saying that nobody should get their hopes too high. Much better to be surprised instead of being disappointed. Our history, our current form, everything is against us. If we are so able to score 5 or more against anyone, why didn't we against ATM or Leganes? PSG is no Gijon or Celta and they know how to defend such a lead.

vinni

You actually believe that IF we manage to score 2 goals, they won't defend their lead by parking the bus? How well do we do in those situations?
I'm just saying that nobody should get their hopes too high. Much better to be surprised instead of being disappointed. Our history, our current form, everything is against us. If we are so able to score 5 or more against anyone, why didn't we against ATM or Leganes? PSG is no Gijon or Celta and they know how to defend such a lead.

Lets hope PSG is as bad as us at parking the bus :barcaflag:
My biggest worry is that we will concede early from a counter.

Home of Barca Fans