xXKonan

andre-onana-durante-un-partido-con-el-ajax.jpg

Full name: Andre Onana

Date of birth: April 2, 1996

Place of birth: Nkol Ngok, Cameroon

Height: 1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)

Playing position: Goalkeeper

Current Club: AFC Ajax

Born in Nkol Ngok,Cameroon he joined La Masia at the age of 13 after starting it out at Samuel Eto'o Foundation. after spending 5 years in Barcelona he left the club and joined Ajax's reserve team Jong Ajax for the 2015/16 season. he was later promoted to the main Ajax squad in 2016 and with the departure of Jasper Cillessen to Barcelona, he quickly established himself as Ajax's first choice keeper.

In 29 games so far this season in all competitions for the Dutch team he's kept 17 clean sheets. I didn't see a thread on Andre Onana so I thought I would start one.

Last edited:

Messi983

He said a few days ago in an interview that he would like to return to Barça one day but that he's happy with his decision to leave and now establishing himself as Ajax's No. 1 GK.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting. Didnt know he was starter for Ajax.
We should definitely keep an eye.

khaled_a_d

This is a very weird case tbh,Ondoa was much more hyped here until he got promoted to B team,was one of the reasons among J.Suarez that Onana left. Is Cameroon no1 who was best GK in ACN they won few weeks ago. Yet Onana is Ajax no1 and Ondoa is Sevilla B back up GK. Knowing both are same age

BBZ8800

He looks fast.
And he can jump :lol:
He looks slightly raw on some occasions as if he is slightly bad positioned:

God Serena

The keeper situation at La Masia is so weird and this only adds to it. Do we just have no idea what we're doing in terms of keepers?

Messi983

According to Sport Villarreal is interested in Onana as Asenjo's replacement until he'll recover from his injury. Would be nice to see him in La Liga.

Porque

Anybody been keeping up with Ajax and Onana progress in goal?

I wrote an article a few years ago when he and Ondoa were in Juvenil that Onana would be the better goalkeeper and it seems his career has progressed much better since then. On the other hand I haven't watched a full game of Ajax to see how hes performed.

Andresito

Staff member
[tw]1065906174145511424[/tw]

Still young for a keeper. But I don't think he'll reach a higher level than Ajax.
Would be great to have a home grown backup keeper, that is if we can get him cheap and earn some money from Cillessen's sale.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
[tw]1065906174145511424[/tw]

Still young for a keeper. But I don't think he'll reach a higher level than Ajax.
Would be great to have a home grown backup keeper, that is if we can get him cheap and earn some money from Cillessen's sale.

The second keeper should be an experienced veteran, not a youngster, for a number of reasons. Young players rarely play well with limited playing time, and they also need to develop.

xXKonan

He has to be the best GK to come out of La Masia in what seems like ages.

His cousin Fabrice Ondoa is also talented and is Cameroon's Number one keeper yet he never managed to have much luck on the Club side of things compared to Onana since leaving Barcelona as well.

Havesaks

He looked really good in the Bayern match inckuding ball distribution (barca way) and will he continue putting in good european match performances, chances are high he will get bought by elite or sub elite clubs. Really nice to see la masia studens doing well out there. And yes best and only decent goal keeper produced by ua since Valdes and that's... 15-16 years ago - shit.

Home of Barca Fans