Liga | Round 24: Atlético de Madrid vs. FC Barcelona 1-2

Co0ter

We looked awfull against an Atletico having their worst year in 4 seasons and played a game mid week when we rested ....

I didn't see anything really different by Lucho.

PhilS

I thought Barca was much better than the last two days, mainly in energy level and competitiveness.

Rafinha ran very well. Since Iniesta is not running much or fast these days, the midfielder on the other side must be very high energy.
And Rafinha is much better than all the other midfielders at poaching and shooting.

Pique was fantastic, Umtiti was good, Mathieu was good. The formation change was effective. Sergi Roberto is much better in midfield than he is as a fullback. After all the zombie play we have been seeing recently by the Barca midfield, Iniesta and Busquets both improved somewhat, and both Roberto and Rafinha competed very well. Alba could also play on the wing as an alternate, I want to see more 3-4-3, with very little Gomes or Arda, limited Rakitic. D Suarez has been forgotten.

Yes, Atletico had the better of play for much of the first half, but the defense held up. No team could have stopped their goal, that was just perfectly executed. Of course a team as good as AM will come out strong, you try to weather the onslaught and then finish strong.

Home of Barca Fans