Kylian Mbappé

Newcomer

being a young player with tons of potential is at PSG of all clubs cant help. with their player-centred approach (no discipline, accepting any and all behaviour from the superstars etc) it probably will hurt (and perhaps has already hurt, given this season) his development.

i remember Sir Alex once talking in an interview about how his staff at United managed all the youngsters they signed. really preparing them for a professional life. that's the sort of nurturing players like mbappe need. Neymar's example is really bad for him

The problem is with Mbapp? himself. He wants to play like Neymar when he doesn't have the qualities of the brazilian. He needs to play much more directly, and mostly get his physical attributes back. He was known for roasting any player due to his speed but now he can't get past anyone. The whole team seems smoked though. Maybe Covid affected him a lot and he has lost a lot physically.

Anyway, although their fitness is important as high level athletes, this shows that he is way more dependent on his physical attributes than some other elite players.

Morten

being a young player with tons of potential is at PSG of all clubs cant help. with their player-centred approach (no discipline, accepting any and all behaviour from the superstars etc) it probably will hurt (and perhaps has already hurt, given this season) his development.

i remember Sir Alex once talking in an interview about how his staff at United managed all the youngsters they signed. really preparing them for a professional life. that's the sort of nurturing players like mbappe need. Neymar's example is really bad for him

No comparisons as players, but, Messi was the generational talent at one of the top 2 clubs in the country, he didnt stagnate, despite having no competition except RM every now and again.

Messi is obviously more talented than Mbappe, but they were still in kind of the same position in their early 20s, one took off, the other stayed at the same level.

I get it, its not fair to Mbappe to be compared to Messi, then what about CR?
Mbappe was a bigger talent than Cristiano during their teens, now though? CR at 22 is better than Mbappe at 22.

Last edited:

fergus90

When Mbappe first appeared on the scene he was somewhat more clinical than he is now. However being a new commodity means teams have little knowledge or respect for your abilities and thus afford more space. That obviously suits his playstyle with his speed. It's really in the last 12 months where he's been noticeably worse in front of goal and crowded out. However he's never really had a monster performance in a crunch game for PSG. Neymar and Verratti are the real glue for that team.

Haaland is of course a deadlier finisher, it's natural to him. It's actually impressive how many of his chances he makes for himself really because even though Dortmund have plenty of tidy footballers e.g. Reus, Sancho, Brandt etc, they can be pretty bad at creating chances sometimes and are way too cute with passing around the box.

KingLeo10

Yup, Mbapp? has been pretty bad since the end of last season already.

He is facing some criticism right now because of his hype and the way he sees himself as better than he is.

Given the choice, i think any team should go for Haaland over Mbapp?. Haaland is already a good 9 while Mbapp? doesn't really like to play there due to the lack of space and he is a problem when he plays as a winger when he doesn't trackback. His best position is still as a second striker. Haaland is also more deadly than Mbapp? who misses too much for a guy so compared to the greatest players.

Overall, Bar?a should be happy with the UCL draw. They'll clown PSG once again.

:lol: Come on, dawg. No one believes current Barca is better than PSG.

Newcomer

Haaland > Monaco Mbappe > PSG Mbappe

I quite liked his first season at PSG. He was scoring a lot less than he has been scoring afterwards but he came saying he would be second fiddle to the other stars in attack and was making almost always the right choice at the right time. I was really impressed by his decision making at such a young age.

As he grew more and more into a superstar, he is losing this quality. Trying to do things he is not good at and not working in his obvious flaws. His shooting technique is still average for a player of his caliber.

If Cristiano Ronaldo is/was his idol, he should well know the latter has an incredible shooting technique and an insane jump + heading technique/timing. Those two elements can bail him out even if he has a bad game. Mbapp? doesn't offer variety in his game and is often shut down in any big game for PSG. Who can say they have seen a great performance of Mbapp? in CL for PSG after 4 years ? His most impressive feat must be the 4 goals he scored against Bruges.

Last edited:

Newcomer

:lol: Come on, dawg. No one believes current Barca is better than PSG.

I do.

I watch PSG regularly and every win is almost a miracle. Today again, we won but it could have easily been a loss or a draw. Not once PSG has really dominated this season.

Bar?a will have their easiest CL KO games in years with PSG. You got lucky.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I quite liked his first season at PSG. He was scoring a lot less than he has been scoring afterwards but he came saying he would be second fiddle to the other stars in attack and was making almost always the right choice at the right time. I was really impressed by his decision making at such a young age.

As he grew more and more into a superstar, he is losing this quality. Trying to do things he is not good at and not working in his obvious flaws. His shooting technique is still average for a player of his caliber.

If Cristiano Ronaldo is/was his idol, he should well know the latter has an incredible shooting technique and an insane jump + heading technique/timing. Those two elements can bail him out even if he has a bad game. Mbapp? doesn't offer variety in his game and is often shut down in any big game for PSG. Who can say they have seen a great performance of Mbapp? in CL for PSG after 4 years ? His most impressive feat must be the 4 goals he scored against Bruges.

I agree, his first season was really good and the second one was also good but since the last season he is average.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

First of all he has to work on his finishing, wtf is that, misses so many chances like a striker who plays for newcastle, burnley, mallorca or eibar. People compared him with R9 LOL.

BarcaOG

Banned
No comparisons as players, but, Messi was the generational talent at one of the top 2 clubs in the country, he didnt stagnate, despite having no competition except RM every now and again.

Messi is obviously more talented than Mbappe, but they were still in kind of the same position in their early 20s, one took off, the other stayed at the same level.

I get it, its not fair to Mbappe to be compared to Messi, then what about CR?
Mbappe was a bigger talent than Cristiano during their teens, now though? CR at 22 is better than Mbappe at 22.

hm, that's an interesting point.

but do you really think Mbappe was better than young CR? even if you take into account that CR was playing in a much better league the EPL? im not so sure... CR at 22 was already miles better than mbappe.

Morten

hm, that's an interesting point.

but do you really think Mbappe was better than young CR? even if you take into account that CR was playing in a much better league the EPL? im not so sure... CR at 22 was already miles better than mbappe.

Yes.

Mbappe was just a much more mature and efficient player during his teens than Ronaldo was.
See, Ronaldo was actually quite flashy but inefficient in his youth(opposite of now), and though he was seen as a very good talent, people actually thought Quaresma was the bigger talent of the two.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
Yes.

Mbappe was just a much more mature and efficient player during his teens than Ronaldo was.
See, Ronaldo was actually quite flashy but inefficient in his youth(opposite of now), and though he was seen as a very good talent, people actually thought Quaresma was the bigger talent of the two.

right..i remember that. i think i wasnt convinced cause i remembered all his flashy skills :lol:

Home of Barca Fans