Kylian Mbappé

Rassvet

It's funny how the situation with him, PSG, and Madrid has completely reversed. At the start of the season, the consensus was that PSG had a far more competitive team but he would have to share the limelight with two other world class stars rather than being the undisputed star at Madrid. Now it's the opposite where he is top dog at PSG while Madrid is the one where he would be vying for center stage with two other big stars in a much stronger squad.

slicknick

Did that extension happen?

I think he will cut it close to the wire deliberately, and actually make up his mind once the tie vs Real is concluded (the outcome of which will, probably, influence his final decision greatly).

Guess he wants guarantees that the team is good enough to go all the way in the Champions League, before he commits.
That said, the sources in France, as well as here in Belgium, seem to suggest that if he extends, it will only be a short term contract (an additional year or two), which makes it look like he will eventually depart anyway, just that he wants PSG to get something out of the deal perhaps?

Andresito

Staff member
I honestly think all these rumours are bullshit. He's already made up his mind about signing for Madrid. These upcoming months won't change that.

Would think Perez will want to put pen to paper as soon as possible but not make it official until maybe after PSG - Madrid tie. That means Mbappe already signed the Madrid contract.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I honestly think all these rumours are bullshit. He's already made up his mind about signing for Madrid. These upcoming months won't change that.

Would think Perez will want to put pen to paper as soon as possible but not make it official until maybe after PSG - Madrid tie. That means Mbappe already signed the Madrid contract.

Imo he will stay. Why? Because Haaland will go to Real. He could go to EPL but i think Messi will try to convince him to stay to win the cl next season if they don't win it this season.

Hardy

I don't know if he'll go to Real but he wasted enough seasons at psg, no way he stays there. didn't he say something about ligue 1 few months ago? something like it's not a top league and I fully understand that. nobody gives a damn about what he does in France, he would always be judged for those 3-4 matches of ko stage which is a bit mortifying for a player of his caliber I guess

Jadentheman

Yeah he's leaving this season. He's already in a verbal agreement with Madrid so obvious a pre-contract. But if Haaland does transfer there before him, he could go somewhere else.

fergus90

He will be going to Real Madrid 100%. He?s had several opportunities to extend at PSG.

Last edited:

olivis

I think this guy is getting massively overrated anyway. He's good but has barely progressed in the past years.

Im Haaland is the far more interesting target

Jadentheman

Mbappe and Haaland will be taking the spotlight regardless where they go. Those two absolutely have next, with Salah nipping at the heels(poor Neymar). They probably won't give us Messi/CR150 level performances (at least at their consistency) but they will be enertaining for however many years till we see a good crop of wonderkids coming up and turning into world class stars again.

Believe me I hate seeing two horse races for records/best in the world. It's definitely best for football when there a stacked player or two or three at every major and b-tier european club like in the 2000s.

Home of Barca Fans