Alexander Isak

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
actually a player to consider. Already plays in La Liga and one of the better young strikers with potential.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I'm happy for him, he got a lot going for him - for realz :) But let's not jump the gun, hope he is consistent and than we'll talk :)

Sweden

Can Dortmund buy him back for 30M and then resell him straigt away or is there some rule against that kind of transfer?

MTL_Barca

Can Dortmund buy him back for 30M and then resell him straigt away or is there some rule against that kind of transfer?

I don't think there is a general rule against that, but there possibly could be a clause in the contract. I remember when Barca bought back Deulofeu there were reports he can't get sold immediately because of that. But there should be ways around that (wait until winter, loan+buy option).

Andresito

Staff member
We could also strike up a deal with Dortmund for a bit less than the release clause. They buy him for 30M and sell him for 50-60M, easy money for them.

It might be the age, but he feels a bit tame, like Morata. He doesn't have that fear factor.

Messi983

I don't think there is a general rule against that, but there possibly could be a clause in the contract. I remember when Barca bought back Deulofeu there were reports he can't get sold immediately because of that. But there should be ways around that (wait until winter, loan+buy option).

Yep. But we also need to consider player's wishes here. People often forget about this (the most important) part. Even if Dortmund wants to use their buy-back Isak doesn't need to sign with them (when we tried to bring back Denis from Villarreal using a buy-back a few years ago we needed quite some time to convince him because he was unsure how much playing time he'd get). Now there are not a lot of players who would prefer to stay at Sociedad instead of going to Dortmund but if he/his agent would know/anticipate BVB would only buy him to re-sell he could reject their approach. Players usually don't want to be used this way. Especially if he would also have an offer from Barça and he could stay in Spain where he has adapted very well. And he would have easier way moving to Barça from Sociedad having a release clause (if they wouldn't agree to sell for less) than going back to Dortmund who might then want to sell him for 100m again knowing the clubs are not on the best terms since Dembele's transfer.

I think Dortmund will probably bring him back in 2021 when they will sell Haaland but if some club will be prepared to pay whatever Sociedad asks this summer (probably a release clause though I think they will be willing to negotiate) they'll give up on their buy-back. And well, if my sources are correct they can only use buy-back next year so they can't do anything to prevent him possibly going to another club this summer anyway.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
IIRC they can only execute this clause in 2021. So IF we want Isak we can get him this summer.

Hmm. Didn't know that.

I wouldn't sign him though even if I like him. Not good enough and the last few years have proven that we suck at developing players in the 1st team.

serghei

Hmm. Didn't know that.

I wouldn't sign him though even if I like him. Not good enough and the last few years have proven that we suck at developing players in the 1st team.

Sure, but the manager is essential, and this has changed.

Home of Barca Fans