User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54

Thread: Malang Sarr

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    17,965
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Malang Sarr





    Full name: Malang Sarr

    Date of birth: January 23, 1999 (age 17)

    Place of birth: Nice, France

    Height: 1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)

    Playing position: Centre-Back/Left Back

    Current Club: OGC Nice

    According to Francesc Aguilar(MD) along with Issa Diop,Joris Gnagnon Robert has been watching 17(18) year old Malang Sarr as a potential young CB option for the first team. He was promoted to Nice's first team this season and so far has played a total of 24 games this season for the Ligue 1 side. Despite being left footed he's also comfortable playing as a RCB.

    Another interesting CB prospect Robert has been looking at. from what the things I've read about Sarr he reminds me a bit of Umtiti.

  2. #2
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    31,800
    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: United States
    I don't trust Robert at all but I am all for us looking more closely to Ligue 1.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    17,965
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    I don't trust Robert at all but I am all for us looking more closely to Ligue 1.
    Ligue 1 is like a treasure trove of talent.

    I'm all for looking for more talent there. If we look hard enough we could also find a good competent RB there as well.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Yannik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Hannover
    Posts
    5,646
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heard great things about this kid, but have never seen him play. How is he with the ball?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    17,965
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yannik View Post
    heard great things about this kid, but have never seen him play. How is he with the ball?
    From what I read he's good and composed on the ball but his long range passing is still a bit weak but that's expected since he's only 17/18 years old.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    God Serena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    5,950
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost certain he won't be signed. Don't get your hopes up, guys.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    17,965
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While that could be true I'm glad Robert is looking more into Ligue 1 for talent.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    12,647
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God Serena View Post
    Almost certain he won't be signed. Don't get your hopes up, guys.
    ًWe are linked with around what? 8 young CBs or so? Doubt we will sign more than one so while there is small chance he signs it seems there is a very good chance we are buying a young CB for the future.
    Last edited by khaled_a_d; 18th January 2017 at 12:44 PM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Messi983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    12,581
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God Serena View Post
    Almost certain he won't be signed. Don't get your hopes up, guys.
    I'm not getting my hopes up for players I don't know much about. I'm just happy we are looking at what seems to be a long list of talented young CBs. We'll probably sign just one or maybe two over the next two years so hopefully we'll choose the best one but we can keep an eye on all of them and see how they'll develop. Even if they move to a better team we can still buy them in 3 or 5 years if needed (unless they go to teams like RM, PSG, Bayern or City who probably won't sell them to us), when they'll be more experienced but still young enough to make investment in them. Yes, they'll probably be more expensive and maybe less attractive to us because of that but we should get as much informations as possible on as many young players as we can.

    Of course it's possible we are not really interested in most players that were linked to us in the media but it's refreshing to see Robert is looking into that type of CBs instead of Vermaelens or Mathieus. And Ligue 1 is also the right place to look for cheap and talented players. At least for now.

  10. #10
    Improvin' Perfection!!
    Aryagorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,080
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so Barca planning a replacement for Masche?

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    navidjaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    732
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xXKonan View Post
    Ligue 1 is like a treasure trove of talent.

    I'm all for looking for more talent there. If we look hard enough we could also find a good competent RB there as well.
    Sibide at Monaco.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    navidjaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    732
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umtiti, Varane, Lucas Hernández, Sarr, Upamecano. France, STAHP.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Trafalgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,467
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by navidjaan View Post
    Sibide at Monaco.
    Banjamin Mendy has also been very good this year

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    17,965
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard Monaco's Almamy Touré is also a good shout out for the RB spot and he can also play CB.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    God Serena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    5,950
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post
    I'm not getting my hopes up for players I don't know much about. I'm just happy we are looking at what seems to be a long list of talented young CBs. We'll probably sign just one or maybe two over the next two years so hopefully we'll choose the best one but we can keep an eye on all of them and see how they'll develop. Even if they move to a better team we can still buy them in 3 or 5 years if needed (unless they go to teams like RM, PSG, Bayern or City who probably won't sell them to us), when they'll be more experienced but still young enough to make investment in them. Yes, they'll probably be more expensive and maybe less attractive to us because of that but we should get as much informations as possible on as many young players as we can.

    Of course it's possible we are not really interested in most players that were linked to us in the media but it's refreshing to see Robert is looking into that type of CBs instead of Vermaelens or Mathieus. And Ligue 1 is also the right place to look for cheap and talented players. At least for now.
    I don't recall us being linked with Vermalen or Mathieu until weeks before they were signed, so again, I wouldn't get my hopes up for us not to see any more of those type of signings

    Imo, between Marlon and Tarin, we should have a quality young CB coming up from the B team (If Lucho leaves, fingers crossed), so we'd only need to bring in one, or maybe even none, if both of the aforementioned B teamers manage to make the cut.