Malang Sarr

khaled_a_d

I don't recall us being linked with Vermalen or Mathieu until weeks before they were signed, so again, I wouldn't get my hopes up for us not to see any more of those type of signings :lol:

We have been linked with Mathieu since late 2012/2013 season. He was the guy Zubi wanted as CB since T.Silva moved to PSG.
But I agree with the general idea,Roberto has been very good at keeping his cards close and most of our deals has been done quick and was surprises to some extent

Messi983

Don't think we're interested but Sarr has announced he's leaving Nice when his contract expires in June. If we'll go a route I don't want us to go (paying big money for Lautaro/Neymar) and won't have much money for a CB like Upamecano then maybe he could be one of our options. I haven't followed him but he's still only 21 and can play both as a CB and LB.

Devils

Amid Arsenal talks, OGC Nice Malang Sarr has also been in contact with Abidal ahead of a free transfer to Barcelona as his contract expires. The process is currently stalled because of Abidal's uncertain future. [france football]

Unbelievable...he's a free agent and can play CB and LB.

Elite potential too. Would be crazy not to sign him.

Porque

Lenglet is the one who should be the backup LCB.

That's fair. But if money is tight then Sarr in and Umtiti out is worth considering. We can get a big money signing for Lenglet in a seasons time.

Btw, Kounde had doubts around him when Sevilla bought him last year and turned out very very good.

vuji_31

Doubt he is world class material condidering I didn't see any big clubs going after him even for free...

I would not mind him , at least he is young free, and have both knees.

Saar in Umtiti out.

Next year bring Soyuncu or Upamecano.

khaled_a_d

Not good enough as backup LCB for Lenglet and a defensive LB when needed to close games?

Haven't seen him and won't make judgement from highlights, but seems a good opportunity.

LCB is a position that only exists when you have left footed CB. Otherwise it is just CB.
Right footed players are usually comfortable pairing with each other (Poyol,Pique, Marquez, Mascherano were all right footed) unlike left footed players.
For that, I take being left footed CB as disadvantage, it is something you need to limit.

In addition, we have Araujo and most likely Eric Garcia, so Sarr has to be better than both to be worth investment.

I didn't watch him, but he need to have very high potential to be worth signing, even for free

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's fair. But if money is tight then Sarr in and Umtiti out is worth considering. We can get a big money signing for Lenglet in a seasons time.

Btw, Kounde had doubts around him when Sevilla bought him last year and turned out very very good.

Yeah, in that case it could be a decent signing, but the club need to be careful and not give a big contract to any player they cannot get rid of next year.

The absolute priority next summer when things are hopefully better financially is to get a defensive leader, an athletic CB like Upamecano or Soyuncu.

Home of Barca Fans