Malang Sarr

xXKonan

Full name: Malang Sarr

Date of birth: January 23, 1999 (age 17)

Place of birth: Nice, France

Height: 1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)

Playing position: Centre-Back/Left Back

Current Club: OGC Nice

According to Francesc Aguilar(MD) along with Issa Diop,Joris Gnagnon Robert has been watching 17(18) year old Malang Sarr as a potential young CB option for the first team. He was promoted to Nice's first team this season and so far has played a total of 24 games this season for the Ligue 1 side. Despite being left footed he's also comfortable playing as a RCB.

Another interesting CB prospect Robert has been looking at. from what the things I've read about Sarr he reminds me a bit of Umtiti.

xXKonan

I don't trust Robert at all but I am all for us looking more closely to Ligue 1.
Ligue 1 is like a treasure trove of talent.

I'm all for looking for more talent there. If we look hard enough we could also find a good competent RB there as well.

Yannik

heard great things about this kid, but have never seen him play. How is he with the ball?

xXKonan

heard great things about this kid, but have never seen him play. How is he with the ball?
From what I read he's good and composed on the ball but his long range passing is still a bit weak but that's expected since he's only 17/18 years old.

khaled_a_d

Almost certain he won't be signed. Don't get your hopes up, guys.

ًWe are linked with around what? 8 young CBs or so? Doubt we will sign more than one so while there is small chance he signs it seems there is a very good chance we are buying a young CB for the future.

Last edited:

Messi983

Almost certain he won't be signed. Don't get your hopes up, guys.

I'm not getting my hopes up for players I don't know much about. I'm just happy we are looking at what seems to be a long list of talented young CBs. We'll probably sign just one or maybe two over the next two years so hopefully we'll choose the best one but we can keep an eye on all of them and see how they'll develop. Even if they move to a better team we can still buy them in 3 or 5 years if needed (unless they go to teams like RM, PSG, Bayern or City who probably won't sell them to us), when they'll be more experienced but still young enough to make investment in them. Yes, they'll probably be more expensive and maybe less attractive to us because of that but we should get as much informations as possible on as many young players as we can.

Of course it's possible we are not really interested in most players that were linked to us in the media but it's refreshing to see Robert is looking into that type of CBs instead of Vermaelens or Mathieus. And Ligue 1 is also the right place to look for cheap and talented players. At least for now.

xXKonan

I heard Monaco's Almamy Touré is also a good shout out for the RB spot and he can also play CB.

God Serena

I'm not getting my hopes up for players I don't know much about. I'm just happy we are looking at what seems to be a long list of talented young CBs. We'll probably sign just one or maybe two over the next two years so hopefully we'll choose the best one but we can keep an eye on all of them and see how they'll develop. Even if they move to a better team we can still buy them in 3 or 5 years if needed (unless they go to teams like RM, PSG, Bayern or City who probably won't sell them to us), when they'll be more experienced but still young enough to make investment in them. Yes, they'll probably be more expensive and maybe less attractive to us because of that but we should get as much informations as possible on as many young players as we can.

Of course it's possible we are not really interested in most players that were linked to us in the media but it's refreshing to see Robert is looking into that type of CBs instead of Vermaelens or Mathieus. And Ligue 1 is also the right place to look for cheap and talented players. At least for now.

I don't recall us being linked with Vermalen or Mathieu until weeks before they were signed, so again, I wouldn't get my hopes up for us not to see any more of those type of signings :lol:

Imo, between Marlon and Tarin, we should have a quality young CB coming up from the B team (If Lucho leaves, fingers crossed), so we'd only need to bring in one, or maybe even none, if both of the aforementioned B teamers manage to make the cut.

Home of Barca Fans