Malang Sarr

Messi983

He's 182 cm. The same as Umtiti. We've had a good success with shorter CBs. Puyol is 178 cm and Masche only 174 cm. Rafa Marquez also not much taller at 184 cm.

And Sergio Ramos is also 184 cm.

serghei

If he's 1.82, that's not short. That's medium height for a CB.

If he's free of contract, young, athletic, and doesn't have frequent injuries, sign him up. I don't give a shit if he's not popular. Alphonso Davies was even more unknown than him.

Sarr in, Umtiti out is a good deal, any way you dice it. Don't give him too much money and it's a good deal.

khaled_a_d

Can we stop the whole "he is free"thing.
Free agent players ask for higher salary and agent commission.
Also, we have 2 players of same age and same position in Araujo and Lenglet. And one younger incoming in Eric Garcia

No need for mediocre players just because they are free. If he is good then I am good for it, if he isn't then he can fuck off

serghei

Also, we have 2 players of same age and same position in Araujo and Lenglet. And one younger incoming in Eric Garcia

No need for mediocre players just because they are free. If he is good then I am good for it, if he isn't then he can fuck off

Well... obviously if he'll come someone thinks he is good. And when people say free they mean they don't pay a transfer fee, not that he costs us 0 euros overall lol.

Messi983

If he's 1.82, that's not short. That's medium height for a CB.

If he's free of contract, young, athletic, and doesn't have frequent injuries, sign him up. I don't give a shit if he's not popular. Alphonso Davies was even more unknown than him.

Sarr in, Umtiti out is a good deal, any way you dice it. Don't give him too much money and it's a good deal.

According to TM he has no injury history and he's played 100 games in Ligue 1. Too lazy to check how many he has started but he's quite experienced at 21.

Only question is if we'd get him and Garcia then Araujo would probably need to go on loan. Which wouldn't really be bad imo as he has very limited top level experience and he could do with one season of regular minutes in a solid La Liga team. Unless Pique would leave this summer (I don't see this happening though) but then we'd need to get someone like Upamecano or Soyuncu who can immediately step up as a starter.

In any case I believe we need two new CBs as we've gone through majority of last season with just Pique and Lenglet.

.blitzer

Why does the conversation about the salary and agent commission only comes into play when we're talking about players without a club?
If we would pay 30M for him, that's the number that gets mentioned everywhere, nobody talks about agent's fees. But that doesn't mean it doesn't exist anyway.
If we bring him with without a transfer fee, everybody wants to know his salary and agent commission.
So if we pay a certain transfer fee, add to that his salary and agent commission too, not only when a player is free.
And how do you know a player asks for a higher salary and an agent for a higher fee if the player doesn't have a club?
And why would they request higher salary and fee when it's a free agent? It's less work for everybody.

serghei

Why does the conversation about the salary and agent commission only comes into play when we're talking about players without a club?
If we would pay 30M for him, that's the number that gets mentioned everywhere, nobody talks about agent's fees. But that doesn't mean it doesn't exist anyway.
If we bring him with without a transfer fee, everybody wants to know his salary and agent commission.
So if we pay a certain transfer fee, add to that his salary and agent commission too, not only when a player is free.
And how do you know a player asks for a higher salary and an agent for a higher fee if the player doesn't have a club?
And why would they request higher salary and fee when it's a free agent? It's less work for everybody.

This tendency, asking a considerably higher salary and a fat bonus for the agent (or even for the player, or both) happens with free of contract stars. Not free of contract young players who don't have a big market. Imagine the salary and bonus Neymar would get at 29 if he runs down his PSG contract. And keeps playing like he is now.

Rory

Win-win, if he performs above and beyond then we keep him, if not Everton will pay us 30m for him lmao

Porque

LCB is a position that only exists when you have left footed CB. Otherwise it is just CB.
Right footed players are usually comfortable pairing with each other (Poyol,Pique, Marquez, Mascherano were all right footed) unlike left footed players.
For that, I take being left footed CB as disadvantage, it is something you need to limit.

In addition, we have Araujo and most likely Eric Garcia, so Sarr has to be better than both to be worth investment.

I didn't watch him, but he need to have very high potential to be worth signing, even for free

Your right. It's not a necessity but it has been a priority in our signing strategy since Abidal and Mathieu converted there and Umtiti, Lenglet were signed to start there. Plus Sarr is a CB who also plays as LB and gives us a defensive option there. Which we haven't had as an option for a few seasons now.

In terms of being a free transfer and costs. Well we're talking about Malang Sarr here. Not Rabiot, Willian or Zlatan. His base salary is going to be on the lower end of the spectrum and any sign on fee likewise.

I don't know if he is good enough. But he is experienced for his age with over 100 games in Ligue1 and starting in most of them. If he is not a good fit after a year I think we can sell him and not lose money on him.

Either way I am not too bothered if he is signed or if he isn't, but it is a nice opportunity. I'm more focused on seeing who goes out first as I don't want to see talk of departures diminish the further we move from the 8-2. It is already starting to happen.

Messi983

So with Abidal gone we probably won't sign him now. Let's hope he won't turn into a worldclass CB in another team, lol.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
There are couple of EPL teams interested in him but the favorites are still Torino.

I don't know how advanced the Abidal talks were but I expect things will be quit for the next few days. If we are really interested in him then we're probably still the favorites.

I wouldn't be too disappointed if we don't get him, specially if we land E. Garcia. I also certainly feel it would be better to sign him now, if things don't work out we'll make a decent profit from selling him after a season or two.

Home of Barca Fans