Alex Collado

Porque

He's not going to go if the president likes him.

With all the turmoil in the club and lack of finances to sign anyone bar free transfers, pushing Puig is also political points for Laporta.

He is Catalan and he hasn't played enough to stop having intrigue to fans. He can still be branded as La Masia untapped talent.

But yeah, if Koeman doesn't rate him then there's no point him being here or Laporta shoving it down the managers throat.

FinBarcelonafan

He's not going to go if the president likes him.

With all the turmoil in the club and lack of finances to sign anyone bar free transfers, pushing Puig is also political points for Laporta.

He is Catalan and he hasn't played enough to stop having intrigue to fans. He can still be branded as La Masia untapped talent.

But yeah, if Koeman doesn't rate him then there's no point him being here or Laporta shoving it down the managers throat.

Exactly. It doesn't matter if Puig is right or wrong. As long as Koeman doesn't rate him, he should leave. He will never get a chance here, if coach tells you to leave.

Bobo32

I mean we are in a thread of a player some months older than Puig, who did not yet play for Barcelona A (well I know) but still remains at the club.
Yes I too hope that Collado will get to show if he's good enough to play for Barcelona A or not. I am glad that these players stay, and don't go to Benfica, Dinamo Zagreb, Dortmund, Man City or Arsenal...

Porque

I mean we are in a thread of a player some months older than Puig, who did not yet play for Barcelona A (well I know) but still remains at the club.
Yes I too hope that Collado will get to show if he's good enough to play for Barcelona A or not. I am glad that these players stay, and don't go to Benfica, Dinamo Zagreb, Dortmund, Man City or Arsenal...

I think given that we're entering a summer/period of austerity that you might be onto something. Time to give Puig a fair chance. I'd have him in some sort of hybrid free-role positioned on one of the front trio personally.

Try him in pre-season with and without Messi and see if he can provide assists and "pases de la muerte" (pre-assists).

As for Collado, test @ same role but on the opposite side/foot.

Messi983

You're making these conclusions based on one preseason game where he has basically played with players who will mostly be backups in Barca B or won't even be there next season?

mc_lovin

Can only speak for myself, but he never impressed me. Same as Alena back then. Decent allround player, but zero outstanding qualities. The game yesterday just confirmed it again.

Speaks volumes that Demir started with the first team and Collado didn't.

vegitot

You're making these conclusions based on one preseason game where he has basically played with players who will mostly be backups in Barca B or won't even be there next season?

One pre season game is not enough to judge but the way he plays tell a lot. I mean, his RW postion at B team is non existence in Barca. He is below Messi, Dumbele or even Demir. Then his only position left is midfielder and i can picture of how he plays as a CM.

He will go on loan for sure.

vuji_31

Can only speak for myself, but he never impressed me. Same as Alena back then. Decent allround player, but zero outstanding qualities. The game yesterday just confirmed it again.

Speaks volumes that Demir started with the first team and Collado didn't.
This.

You need to be elite athlete,speed,strenght,endurance,agility to be on top as winger.

Trincao and Collado just don't have that.

He will end up like most of these players from Barca B, that are good with ball but does not have some wc ability.

vegitot

This.

You need to be elite athlete,speed,strenght,endurance,agility to be on top as winger.

Trincao and Collado just don't have that.

He will end up like most of these players from Barca B, that are good with ball but does not have some wc ability.

If you don't have great physical attributes then you must have great technique and IQ.

Collado's techinical ability is good but not great, way inferior to Trincao's. He is even slower too.

Porque

Let's see how he performs today. He will probably be part of the B-side team, but with a few more first teamers back it should have a bit more quality.

Home of Barca Fans