Alex Collado

gregorrin10

Club Brugge, Sheffield United, FC Andorra(owned by Pique), Real Betis, Almeria, Parma & FC Copenhagen have all shown interest in Alex Collado come January, as both the player and the club look for a way out. Bar?a wants to loan him out without a buy option.

Would love to see him at Betis, could do very well there.

ajnotkeith

Not sure how good of a fit Granada are for him. They've been after him for a while now so I assume they did their homework but they are a team that likes to sit back and don't play much with the ball which doesn't suit the system Collado's been in here for so long.

ajnotkeith

Alex Collado (on loan at Granada): "With Ronald Koeman I lost the desire to train." [marca]

I'm not sure how far he'll go in football if he loses the desire to train just because a coach doesn't prefer him.

Andresito

Staff member
Alex Collado (on loan at Granada): "With Ronald Koeman I lost the desire to train." [marca]

I'm not sure how far he'll go in football if he loses the desire to train just because a coach doesn't prefer him.

To be fair, not sure how motivated I'd be knowing I can't play for 6 months no matter what I do in training.

He also said this: "He didn't address me either, he didn't talk or anything."

Bobo32

I don't know how far you'll go in life by assuming stuff like this :) Why would you think it was "just because a coach doesn't prefer him"?

JamDav1982

Some modern day footballers really think they are precious little flowers that need watered every day.

He played his part in situation by not finding/agreeing on team to loan to earlier anyway.

Be interesting to see how gets on at Granada. Hopefully well enough to get a fee in summer.

ajnotkeith

I don't know how far you'll go in life by assuming stuff like this :) Why would you think it was "just because a coach doesn't prefer him"?

The registration issue gets brought up over and over again but it is well documented by the club that didn't have anything to do with Koeman and it was issues with his loan move to Sheffield which Planes and Alemany handled. Some reports have suggested it is because Collado himself rejected the loan move last minute before the deadline.

I can only assume based on the information we have... The only things we know,essentially :

1) Koeman didn't rate him

Nothing has been reported on other than that or elaborated on so I'm unsure what you would like me to consider.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

To be fair, not sure how motivated I'd be knowing I can't play for 6 months no matter what I do in training.

He also said this: "He didn't address me either, he didn't talk or anything."

That wasn't anything to do with Koeman, it was either the fault of Alemany/Planes or Collado's agents but that doesn't mean you attack your former manager as a scapegoat

Bobo32

The registration issue gets brought up over and over again but it is well documented by the club that didn't have anything to do with Koeman and it was issues with his loan move to Sheffield which Planes and Alemany handled. Some reports have suggested it is because Collado himself rejected the loan move last minute before the deadline.

I can only assume based on the information we have... The only things we know,essentially :

1) Koeman didn't rate him

Nothing has been reported on other than that or elaborated on so I'm unsure what you would like me to consider.

Do you think every situation involves only what "has been reported"?
Your assumption is from thin air, have to ask him "why" before you make those very damning comments about him!

ajnotkeith

Do you think every situation involves only what "has been reported"?
Your assumption is from thin air, have to ask him "why" before you make those very damning comments about him!

The media already asked him why and that's basically what he said.

'I showed my level in Barca B. The decision [to promote me] was his. I don't know if he didn't like me or what was wrong with me. But, in the end, with Koeman my desire to train faded away a bit.'

A coach not liking you as a player will happen to 99 percent of players. Giving up when it happens won't get you anywhere.

Last edited:

Bobo32

The media already asked him why and that's basically what he said.

'I showed my level in Barca B. The decision [to promote me] was his. I don't know if he didn't like me or what was wrong with me. But, in the end, with Koeman my desire to train faded away a bit.'

A coach not liking you as a player will happen to 99 percent of players. Giving up when it happens won't get you anywhere.

Ok, thanks for a fuller quote!
Still no real clarity on if it was how much he liked him that made his desire to train fade a bit, or if it was something else.
Also nothing saying he gave up, he just didn't feel like it as much, maybe he trained harder even if he didn't desire it as much?
He looked good enough v. Barcelona, will be interesting to follow him in the future. A real shitty situation for him last year!

Home of Barca Fans