Alex Collado

ajnotkeith

We may have a lawsuit on our hands soon as we bungled his loan deal and his contract says he must have a first team number this season.

My guess is we are trying to find a loan in a market which is still open such as Russian/Turkish etc.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Russian league wouldn't be the worst shout. There is always a shortage of creative players there. Vlasic developed into a pretty good player at CSKA. We could then sell him for profit

vegitot

While he is no top talent or will become top player, think Koeman can keep him as a back up for RW spot. Only Demir is available now.

ajnotkeith

When Koeman has his agenda against players he has them and won't give them a minute unless he absolutely has to, that's just how he is. Demir getting the first team number even tho it says in Collado's contract he must have one makes it perfectly clear, Demir could easily just play through the Barca B number.

As such Koeman must think he's really bad as even though we have a positional shortage after several forwards have left and the ones we have are far from a top level, and that it says in his contract he should be registered with the first team, he still kept him with the subsidiary number.

One of Collado's great strengths in set pieces (I think 5ga last season in Barca B were free kicks and corners) isn't very useful at a club like Barca where you have so many good set piece takers. He also wouldn't get near the same amount of the ball as he does in B and certainly wouldn't conduct the offense. 'A good player for a bad team, and a bad player for a good team'.

Due to his weakness in things like defensive contribution, chance creation, making runs, I can see why Koeman does not like him.

khaled_a_d

I think number 25 is still available, so worst case he will get it.
There are several other leagues with transfer window being open , so he might be out soon.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't truly know why his Sheffield move failed, but the club had an agreement with two Belgian clubs for him where he backed out last second to stay at Barca.

vegitot

When Koeman has his agenda against players he has them and won't give them a minute unless he absolutely has to, that's just how he is. Demir getting the first team number even tho it says in Collado's contract he must have one makes it perfectly clear, Demir could easily just play through the Barca B number.

As such Koeman must think he's really bad as even though we have a positional shortage after several forwards have left and the ones we have are far from a top level, and that it says in his contract he should be registered with the first team, he still kept him with the subsidiary number.

One of Collado's great strengths in set pieces (I think 5ga last season in Barca B were free kicks and corners) isn't very useful at a club like Barca where you have so many good set piece takers. He also wouldn't get near the same amount of the ball as he does in B and certainly wouldn't conduct the offense. 'A good player for a bad team, and a bad player for a good team'.

Due to his weakness in things like defensive contribution, chance creation, making runs, I can see why Koeman does not like him.

Spot on. One thing you have to know that Collado is 22 but never make any breakthrough in his career. His strength is limited in any top level. Don't know why he think have could have a chance when Messi left.

That said, he should've played golf and spend time with Laporta. May increase his chance to stay.

ajnotkeith

Spot on. One thing you have to know that Collado is 22 but never make any breakthrough in his career. His strength is limited in any top level. Don't know why he think have could have a chance when Messi left.

That said, he should've played golf and spend time with Laporta. May increase his chance to stay.

If you manage to get into one of Laporta's golf sessions then in a few months your manager will be sacked for not playing you.

Oh, but T & C's :

- You come from a rich Catalan family

- You're an Alaves-level player

- You leak everything the manager says to you to the media

Then your continuity will be guaranteed by Laporta if you take a few swings with him. :cheers:

Glad Collado is not like that tho. He has a clause saying he MUST be promoted and is still out there looking for a loan when they haven't, so respect to him. It's understandable that he took a while to agree with it bc he should have the first-team number legally.

ajnotkeith

https://twitter.com/albert_roge/status/1435006528755535883

Laporta, in
@OnzeTv3
: “Collado has a special talent, he has magic. He is a different player, one of those that the fans may like. We are trying to get the Federation to approve him to take Pjanic's number, but it is complicated. Another option is for him to play for the subsidiary "

I don't get why Laporta is still lying about Collado lol? It's patently obvious we didn't want him in the first team, and if he turns 23 still playing in Barca B there is only one way and that's out.

soul24rage

https://twitter.com/albert_roge/status/1435006528755535883

Laporta, in
@OnzeTv3
: “Collado has a special talent, he has magic. He is a different player, one of those that the fans may like. We are trying to get the Federation to approve him to take Pjanic's number, but it is complicated. Another option is for him to play for the subsidiary "

I don't get why Laporta is still lying about Collado lol? It's patently obvious we didn't want him in the first team, and if he turns 23 still playing in Barca B there is only one way and that's out.

As president, you never criticize your own player publicly, especially the one you are trying to sell. That's public media 101.

ajnotkeith

As president, you never criticize your own player publicly, especially the one you are trying to sell. That's public media 101.

It's one thing to do PR and then completely lie through your teeth and say the complete opposite of the truth. They are not trying to register him at all and anyone who followed the situation at all knows it, it is disrespectful to the player and to the fans to lie in such a blatant way.

ajnotkeith

Also I'm pretty sure the Russian and Turkish windows are shut so he may not play any football until January. Unfortunate situation for him.

Home of Barca Fans