Alex Collado

khaled_a_d

Apparently asked to leave and club accepted his wish as Xavi can't see him getting minutes.
Was a waste of everyone's time to bring him back tbh, should have been sold in June.
Good luck to him

ajnotkeith

According to @porteranunez a few days ago Xavi picked Pjanic over Collado, and now Collado will leave.

Strange because he was telling the media about how Xavi wanted him and he'd come back to the first team after his last game with Granada. Good luck for wherever he'll go.

Relevo says its most likely to be a loan which doesn't really make sense, he probably doesn't have any future at the club anymore, but if it helps us avoid selling him for free like we did with the other fringe players then so be it.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
According to @porteranunez a few days ago Xavi picked Pjanic over Collado.

Strange because he was almost bragging to the media about how Xavi wanted him and he'd come back to the first team after his last game with Granada. Good luck for wherever he'll go.

Xavi might have wanted to have a look at him in pre-season, but it was never going to work out. He's simply not good enough. Not sure how Xavi and/or Collado didn't realize that before now.

ajnotkeith

Xavi might have wanted to have a look at him in pre-season, but it was never going to work out. He's simply not good enough. Not sure how Xavi and/or Collado didn't realize that before now.
If he couldn't get into the team last season when we had 0 options there wasn't any chance he would get into it now, like you said, just not at the level.

I hope we can get a decent fee for him given he was a starter for a LaLiga team in his loan and not sold for free like all the others.

Porque

Can't be having a bench out of guys who end up moving to LA Galaxy, Elche, Besiktas (oh wait) and Girona. That's relegation fodder.

But anyways, good luck Collado. There's a decent player in there for the lower level.

ajnotkeith

Apparently the loan deal we made with Elche gives them 20% of a future sale for some reason...?

Why are we paying other clubs to take OUR players on loan? We already did this with Trincao and Wolves ended up making a few millions from it. Incompetence or some kind of accounting trick (though I can't see how)?

Really strange deal again.

Andresito

Staff member
Apparently the loan deal we made with Elche gives them 20% of a future sale for some reason...?

Why are we paying other clubs to take OUR players on loan? We already did this with Trincao and Wolves ended up making a few millions from it. Incompetence or some kind of accounting trick (though I can't see how)?

Really strange deal again.

Not sure how that works, could it be if a team wants him in January? Also works as an incentive for Elche to develop him I guess.

Incompetence would be if the clause was in place even after the loan ended. Say we sell him in August, no way Elche gets money for that.

Messi983

Not sure how that works, could it be if a team wants him in January? Also works as an incentive for Elche to develop him I guess.

Incompetence would be if the clause was in place even after the loan ended. Say we sell him in August, no way Elche gets money for that.

You sure about that? I'm not.

Would understand your first point if he would turn out a starter for Elche and had a storming first half of the season (ofc not happening) and we'd get a 10m+ offer from a third club in January and decide to cash on him then would be fair to compensate Elche for losing a key player during the season.

But if they barely play him this season and we sell him for 1m next summer then why should they get anything? It's not like being there would help his development or increase his value.

Not to mention IIRC we're also paying bigger part if not his full wages this season as well so as [MENTION=29831]ajnotkeith[/MENTION] said it's really a strange deal.

Andresito

Staff member
You sure about that? I'm not.

Would understand your first point if he would turn out a starter for Elche and had a storming first half of the season (ofc not happening) and we'd get a 10m+ offer from a third club in January and decide to cash on him then would be fair to compensate Elche for losing a key player during the season.

But if they barely play him this season and we sell him for 1m next summer then why should they get anything? It's not like being there would help his development or increase his value.

Not to mention IIRC we're also paying bigger part if not his full wages this season as well so as [MENTION=29831]ajnotkeith[/MENTION] said it's really a strange deal.

In the agreement for Collado's loan, Elche managed to get 20% of a future sale for the next two seasons. [sport]

Porque

It's probably to incentivise them to play him.

Pretty bullshit deal though considering it's for 2 years and he already established himself well at Granada the season before.

Shows were playing a desperate hand.

khaled_a_d

I don't care about them getting money of future sale.
Kid is barely playing now, in a team that is dead last in the table.
I am more worried that we renewed him.
He will be 24 at the end of the season while establishing himself as a barely starter in relegation teams.
We won't get money for that, and more likely we will get to pay him to leave.

Home of Barca Fans