Alex Collado

JamDav1982

Maybe you could try and put yourself into Collado's shoes? He's been at the club since he was a kid and has played 3 full good seasons in the B team to be told he's behind a 18 year old kid who just came and played in a couple friendlies. There are less abrasive ways to manage players

Collado was allowed to go on loan.

The best thing any coach can be is honest and Koeman saying Demir is ahead of him is not a revelation when squad picked showed exactly that.

Was asked specific question about Collado and answered it straight. Nothing more.

xXKonan

My comment was in jest as Capdevila covers La Masia for Sport and has for many years he gets all bent out of shape on Twitter when people or even the coach prefer non-La Masia options over La Masia players.

All I could say to Cap is, hey man it's just guys like Pedri, Demir etc are just better than the in-house options we have for the position it's just how it is.

Porque

I think the comment was a bit of that direct Dutchness by Koeman than anything malicious.

I don't blame Collado for staying last season with his pre-season injury, but right now he should get his loan. Take a leaf from Monchu and Konrad, one went to Segunda proved himself and now moved to a LaLiga side, the other is starting for Marseille.

Koeman is completely correct in having Demir ahead of Collado, Demir fits what we need in the first team right now much more. Collado has his merits and talents but needs to test himself at a higher level- consistently.

ajnotkeith

Braga want Collado on loan with an option to buy ala Abel but he is refusing, wants to stay at Barcelona and will only leave, loan or transfer, to a club in the Champions League according to MD. I don't think he's likely to find that in the top4 leagues, possibly a team like Ajax might take him as a project. But Collado will catch another case of Puigitis, staying somewhere he is clearly not wanted and stagnating his career.

xXKonan

What CL-level club wants to take a gamble on a guy who has played nothing but Segunda division football for the last couple of years?

Yeah, he's tripping all right.

JamDav1982

One of best things about Koeman is his honesty with these young players.

If they choose to ignore it then more fool them.

Porque

Reportedly the Brugge move broke down because they wanted a buy clause after a year and Collado didn't. The lad clearly wants to return here, but needs to face reality.

vegitot

He still wants to go on loan so it is different than Mavericky. But problem is probably only some small clubs offer while he wants to play for UCL club.

FinBarcelonafan

Reportedly the Brugge move broke down because they wanted a buy clause after a year and Collado didn't. The lad clearly wants to return here, but needs to face reality.

Yeah and he wants to choose his own destiny, maybe he doesn't like Brugge who knows.

ajnotkeith

Braga and Brugge are the right clubs for him, they will probably guarantee a starting role and trust youth, if he does good for one season he could possibly get a big move straight away as everyone knows his reputation as a La Masia prospect etc but he just needs to prove it outside of Segunda B.

Riqui still is a last-choice sub even in how long he's stayed and 'fought' to be involved in Koeman's plans. Collado will get sent back to the B team at this rate, he isn't even getting called in squad lists unlike Puig and that's with Fati/Dembele/Aguero out

khaled_a_d

Players disagree with managements about what is best loan for them all the time tbh. I won't hate him for believing he has better options as long as he is realistic about it

Home of Barca Fans