Alex Collado

serghei

If you don't have great physical attributes then you must have great technique and IQ.

Collado's techinical ability is good but not great, way inferior to Trincao's. He is even slower too.

Pretty much true. If you are a physical specimen you could do pretty well with just decent technique and IQ. Otherwise, no way.

vegitot

He shows some good moves this game but this is exactly what i think he will play in senior team. He can not invole much as less play go through him.

xXKonan

Zero minutes today while Demir got the full 90.

Koeman doesn't seem to fancy him so I assume he's probably going to be loaned.

ajnotkeith

Koeman didn't even give him a single minute. I think a straight transfer is more likely.

I've never been a fan of Collado but I think the way the club treated him is pretty sad. 3 good seasons at Barca B, gets 'promoted' to the first team and isn't even given minutes in the preseason before rumours start circulating on Twitter Koeman wants to sell him.
And sad to see the Young Cules twitter cult abandon his case they've been pushing for years because Demir had a few decent preseason games. How fickle that is.

Horatio

You're welcome
Koeman didn't even give him a single minute. I think a straight transfer is more likely.

I've never been a fan of Collado but I think the way the club treated him is pretty sad. 3 good seasons at Barca B, gets 'promoted' to the first team and isn't even given minutes in the preseason before rumours start circulating on Twitter Koeman wants to sell him.
And sad to see the Young Cules twitter cult abandon his case they've been pushing for years because Demir had a few decent preseason games. How fickle that is.

You serious? He played in 1st and 3rd game of pre-season.

ajnotkeith

You serious? He played in 1st and 3rd game of pre-season.

This was the 3rd. If you've already been benched for a whole game 3 games into your first ever senior preseason then it's safe to say the manager doesn't have you in his plans. This would probably be the first time Koeman would get a proper look at Collado and he is not interested

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
This was the 3rd. If you've already been benched for a whole game 3 games into your first ever senior preseason then it's safe to say the manager doesn't have you in his plans. This would probably be the first time Koeman would get a proper look at Collado and he is not interested

He played 45 mins in the first game and about 30 in the second. The fact you do not remember it shows how mediocre he was.

ajnotkeith

He played 45 mins in the first game and about 30 in the second. The fact you do not remember it shows how mediocre he was.

I remember fine, which is why I said he got benched 3 games in. If you are only willing to afford someone 75 mins of preseason friendlies to decide their future at the club (which he got a goal in) you probably decided beforehand anyway.

Horatio

You're welcome

Sorry game 1 and 2.

Bobo32

Zero minutes today while Demir got the full 90.

Koeman doesn't seem to fancy him so I assume he's probably going to be loaned.

Looks like a player with a style that Koeman is very unimpressed by.
I thought he would get his last chance today, but not even that.
To be fair to Koeman, I fail to see his place in this squad right now, too, but if I was the manager I'd give him some minutes last year and let him show himself a bit more in games this preseason before I made the decision.

xXKonan

Other than scoring a goal I don't think he did really enough to make a case to stay for the season.

He looks good for the B team when he was the main centerpiece but every chance he played for the first team he just looked "Meh" he gives me Alena vibes. A talented kid that did very well in the lower levels but ends up not exactly being as good as we had thought.

ajnotkeith

Looks like a player with a style that Koeman is very unimpressed by.
I thought he would get his last chance today, but not even that.
To be fair to Koeman, I fail to see his place in this squad right now, too, but if I was the manager I'd give him some minutes last year and let him show himself a bit more in games this preseason before I made the decision.

Koeman is too reactionary as a coach. Everything is either love or hate. He saw 150 minutes of Demir against teams significantly weaker/weaker than Barca and decided Collado won't get any minutes over him straight away. He's probably more right than wrong in this instance, even if it is unfair, but I fear he will apply this philosophy to many other players as well and get it wrong

ajnotkeith

Other than scoring a goal I don't think he did really enough to make a case to stay for the season.

He looks good for the B team when he was the main centerpiece but every chance he played for the first team he just looked "Meh" he gives me Alena vibes. A talented kid that did very well in the lower levels but ends up not exactly being as good as we had thought.

This is the sense I always had of him but I think he can offer decent depth as a midfielder. He has set piece talent & good technique and is willing to play on low wages. He shined more in the B where everything went through him and he had a ton of the ball.

Home of Barca Fans