Cr150

malvolio

Lol at trying to make out Messi is anything but a boring guy in day to day life.

I mean you have football players doing all sorts of stupid shit all the time. From drunk driving, to **** allegations, to hookers, alcohol, domestic violence etc.

And you have Messi who spent his whole life surrounded by family. Got married to his childhood sweetheart and goes partying once or twice a year with his wife.

olivis

Just saw he liked that post criticizing Messi's ballon d'or. What a tool.

This guy won a Ballon d'Or for scoring a hattrick vs Sweden.

Rory

He is strong
Strong in his stubbornness, narcissism, what have you
Unwavering orthodoxy in the bad way is its own strength

Like let's face it, he's a bit of a psycho, but which 'great' person isn't?
Honestly just makes you think what kind of a freak Leo really is

Yeah I guess there's more than one type of mentally strong. I just class mentally strong as something different to what Ronaldo is. His hunger and desire to be the best is admirable. But lashing out at a fellow professional like this is shocking behaviour.

No idea about Messi. I think his close circle and barca have tried to keep him in a bubble and on the face of it it's seemed to work.

El Gato

Villarato!
And you have Messi who spent his whole life surrounded by family. Got married to his childhood sweetheart and goes partying once or twice a year with his wife.

You think a boring guy that achieved this much doesn't have skeletons in his closet?
I for one doubt that.

If he were all romantic and boring as shit etc he'd not move kids out to Paris after 15 years just to prove he can still go at 34. Seems way easier to take them to Rosario or wherever Jorge stays. But Leo too damn stubborn to get paid big bucks while can so there's at least a tiny bit of greed.

He's nowhere near CR by comparison but let's not pretend like he's some angel that just kicks football well, lives life and all around him just leech off his success. Barely ever the case

malvolio

You think a boring guy that achieved this much doesn't have skeletons in his closet?
I for one doubt that.

If he were all romantic and boring as shit etc he'd not move kids out to Paris after 15 years just to prove he can still go at 34. Seems way easier to take them to Rosario or wherever Jorge stays. But Leo too damn stubborn to get paid big bucks while can so there's at least a tiny bit of greed.

He's nowhere near CR by comparison but let's not pretend like he's some angel that just kicks football well, lives life and all around him just leech off his success. Barely ever the case

We re discussing relative to his success, because he's no average Joe. You have a hard time to make him out as some sort of undercover villain if moving kids to Paris is all you could come up with.

If Laporta would step down, he would be in Barcelona next season. The guy was never good at hiding his emotions or true intent.

Laplacian

He is strong
Strong in his stubbornness, narcissism, what have you
Unwavering orthodoxy in the bad way is its own strength

Like let's face it, he's a bit of a psycho, but which 'great' person isn't?
Honestly just makes you think what kind of a freak Leo really is

Albert Einstein, Frederic Chopin, Rachmaninoff, Sibelius, Richard Feynman, Mo Salah, Modric, Kroos...

Being a psycho narcissist isn't a prerequisite for success at your respective field, nor does being one guarantee it - lots of unsuccesful low income narcissists out there; Ronaldo just happened to be a supremely talented narcissist.

Last edited:

Windhook

I don't glorify Messi's personal life. It seems he's leading a normal happy life and it is natural without the megaluxury stuff that someone in his position could afford. The tax evasion was the only bad hit on his persona.

El Gato

Villarato!
[MENTION=4179]malvolio[/MENTION]
Yeah, has others mop it up for him. Like wages.
Don't have to make him out to be anything. Just saying it's not likely he's pristine

Anyway as for CR y'all are forgetting his inferiority is 100% a product of his alcoholic dad who he loved. He basically conditioned and dedicated a lot of his life to prove things to him. Don't know how much of a 'project' his kids are but always seemed quite interesting how he'd surrogate them, break up with Irina over not wanting to give her own child, and then go and (allegedly) get Georgina, what, 2 or 3 now? He's something else. Psycho but definitely gonna make an interesting docu series if honest about it all in the end. I suspect lot of it is not his fault and a product of childhood
But yes, certainly chose vocation well

El Gato

Villarato!
Albert Einstein, Frederic Chopin, Rachmaninoff, Sibelius, Richard Feynman, Mo Salah, Modric, Kroos...

Being a psycho narcissist isn't a prerequisite for success at your respective field, nor does being one guarantee it - lots of unsuccesful low income narcissists out there; Ronaldo just happened to be a supremely talented narcissist.

Can't remember for others but Einstein certainly partly psychotic. Pretty sure they even studied his brain post mortem and determined it

Modrić and Kroos also have some rather interesting character traits but nothing can be said for certain with these people.

And no, obv it's not a prerequisite, like said CR could have chosen to be an engineer and I'm sure he'd not be Elon Musk right now, but success and lack of empathy/'normal' societal behaviour go hand in hand.

Laplacian

Can't remember for others but Einstein certainly partly psychotic. Pretty sure they even studied his brain post mortem and determined it

Modrić and Kroos also have some rather interesting character traits but nothing can be said for certain with these people.

And no, obv it's not a prerequisite, like said CR could have chosen to be an engineer and I'm sure he'd not be Elon Musk right now, but success and lack of empathy/'normal' societal behaviour go hand in hand.

The Einstein bit is simply not true. People like to attribute various atypical mental traits to Einstein; like autism, Asperger's syndrome, schizophrenia, and so on - however none of that is true. Evidence based biographies, multiple contemporary records of his family life, transcripts of his lectures, memoirs from his friends and relatives do not at all suggest Einstein had any mental disorders. Aside from being extraordinarily intelligent and the incest, he was a normal person. His son however was mentally unwell, was diagnosed with schizophrenia and was permanently admitted into a psych ward after having multiple breakdowns.

On the Elon Musk bit, I think it's important to have a distinction here. To succeed at a particular technical skillset (mathematics, music, art, theatre, engineering etc) being a narcissist/psychopath is not relevant, but for being a business magnate (Elon Musk) I would say it certainly is.

malvolio

What's more interesting about Messi is he doesn't really have other hobbies outside football. I mean most footballers behave like most guys out there. They like girls, video games, cars, gadgets, other sports, watches etc.

You get the impression with Messi that most of the things he does are somewhat forced on him or he did them because other rich footballers do the same.

Jakabor

November 2008: "I?m the best player in the world, the second best player in the world and the third best player in the world. There are some more good players in the level behind me like Kak?, Torres and maybe Messi a bit, but I did all it takes to be the best."

July 2009: "I?m happy to be the most expensive player in the world. I worth 96M, others worth 0, perhaps. The price that was paid for me shows the difference."

February 2011: "I?m not going to answer the question, everyone already knows that I?m better than Messi."

September 2011: "They whistle me (on 'Messi, Messi' whistles to him in Spanish stadiums) because I?m better than their player. They?re envious. Those who does this are idiots. Everyone who likes football, likes Cristiano Ronaldo the most."

June 2012, after being whistled & eliminated from Euros 2012: "You know where Messi was in those heights in South America last year? Do You know what he did? Do You know or you don?t? He was eliminated in Copa America in his own country. I think that?s worse, don?t you?"

December 2012: "I should?ve won the last 3 Ballon d?Ors, but it doesn?t depend on me."

February 2013: "It doesn?t surprise me that Messi didn?t vote for me in the Ballon D?or, we know the reason." Ronaldo never voted for Messi, while Messi did in some years.

August 2014 regarding to winning UEFA?s best player: "If I didn?t win this award it wouldn?t surprise me, because nothing surprises me anymore after what happened with the Ballon d'Or in the prior years."

When Messi won his 5th Ballon d'Or in 2015, Cristiano said: "For me the European Golden Shoe is better than Ballon d'Or because it's won by your goals and not by votes. It's the best award out there" Cristiano had more Golden Shoes that time. Today Messi has 2 more than him. 6 Golden Shoes.

January 2017, during Fifa Best award ceremony: "I?m sorry for certain Barcelona people not being here, that?s speaks for itself, but I understand that." Note: Barcelona had a crucial away game the next day. Also Cristiano boycotted most of the ceremonies he lost.

December 2018: "Maybe Messi misses me.*I played in England, Spain, Italy, Portugal, in the national team, while he is still in Spain.*Maybe he needs me more.*For me, life is a challenge, I like it, and I like to make people happy.*I would like him to come to Italy one day." Former teammate Ryan Giggs stated: "Ronaldo is obsessed with being Messi, there are no two ways about it. Cristiano's latest comments about Lionel Messi prove I'm right. 'I did it in England, I did it in Spain, I'm going to do it in Italy. I did it with Portugal.' He thinks that will be his argument 'Am I better than Messi' ?"

September 2019: "I want to win more Ballon d'Or than Messi. I deserve it. I think I have to have 6 or 7 or 8 to be above him."

Speaking to L'Equipe, Cristiano?s sister Katia Ronaldo said: "We don't want to talk about Messi inside the house. His name is banned."

Home of Barca Fans