Cr150

NotInHere

Football would be very boring if he was the only elite player Football had to offer. Ronaldo has the chance to be a passenger throughout all game, scores a tapin and he's "impactful" lol.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
It's also weird how everybody seems to have a complete and IMMEDIATE idea of how he played throughout the match. Weren't they supposed to be watching the Benfica game? lol

They'd rather follow CR games religiously hoping he has a poor one than watch Barca play. Says it all really

JamDav1982

Football would be very boring if he was the only elite player Football had to offer. Ronaldo has the chance to be a passenger throughout all game, scores a tapin and he's "impactful" lol.

Nah folk love watching Ronaldo and what he has done in career.

Nothing quite beats a last minute winner either. A 'tap in' or not. Exciting as it gets.

Impact matters and if being a 'magician' helps with that then it matters as far as that.

BBZ8800

Football isn't only about stats and goals.
Some players are extraordinarly gifted with a special touch on the ball, special vision, special passing, control, dribbling, all that..
He is a super-player, but not especially gifted like those geniuses and magicians (Messi, Maradona as best examples).
Yeah, a poacher can help you win games. But he can never be seen as the best or the most amazing.

It is a cultural thing.
South Americans and Latino Europeans are leaning more towards art and magic.

Scandinavians, North Europeans or Asians are probably leaning more towards pure efficiency, pure impact and end result.

That's like asking which football is better: Brazilian or German.
It depends on your cultural views.

Latschenkiefer

It is a cultural thing.

Scandinavians, North Europeans or Asians are probably leaning more towards pure efficiency, pure impact and end result.

I prefer art and magic but don't like Sauerkraut.

raskolnikov

But the GOAT debate is just so tiresome. It's for children.
He shouldnt be even in the debate. Been a rich man's Inzaghi for years now.
Perhaps in the goat goalscorer debate but thats it.
One thing Ronaldo is an expert in is getting all the attention and headlines about him.
He always finds a way even when he is poor.
Creating this illusion that he is still one of the best players around.
Dont be surprised if he is in the ballon d'or top 3 either.

Can't stand him and all the attention he still gets. I'm looking forward for his retirement, in fact, I'm counting the years for it. Just 3 more years, maybe 4. I just hope he doesn't grab another CL.

malvolio

It is a cultural thing.

Might as well let robots play football and be done with. What's the point in watching a sport if not for a moment of magic or pure genius?

That's why I can't enjoy a team like Bayern, efficient as they may be.

Mitchell1978

He isnt the GOAT and his career would put him in that argument anyway not just his last few years.

He can be in the conversation based on his career value, his numbers, trophies but imo for shure he's not a top 3 player all time based on his level at his peak.

Whenever Messi was at his very best there was never any debate even tough CR7 put up some great numbers in those same seasons.

Home of Barca Fans