Cr150

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Who cares. Serie A is more of a joke than Ligue 1 these days. That a former MLS player at the age of 39 is the top scorer is all that needs to be said. Let me see this guy do it against the top national teams or even in the CL these days. News flash, he can’t. Very much like Leo, he is done at top level. Difference is that his GOAT agent saw it early and transferred him to a league where dinosaurs like Luca Toni, Quagliarella, Zlatan etc. can be top scorers.

Morten

Who cares. Serie A is more of a joke than Ligue 1 these days. That a former MLS player at the age of 39 is the top scorer is all that needs to be said. Let me see this guy do it against the top national teams or even in the CL these days. News flash, he can’t. Very much like Leo, he is done at top level. Difference is that his GOAT agent saw it early and transferred him to a league where dinosaurs like Luca Toni, Quagliarella, Zlatan etc. can be top scorers.

Also, penalties for free due to weird handball rule.

BarcaOG

Banned
lol you guys are just mad CR didnt drop like a bowling ball as he aged, like messi has. always bs excuses not to acknowledge his unreal consistency. you can bet your house that if he was at Real still he would still be hitting braces such as today's.

Sailor Mars

His physique and fitness has allowed him to age well compared to Messi strictly in terms of goalscoring.

Even in other sports, an elite player that is smaller in size does not age well because they lose that acceleration and speed that they had in their prime. It becomes easier for defenders to shut them down and force them to areas where they cant cause as much damage.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
lol you guys are just mad CR didnt drop like a bowling ball as he aged, like messi has. always bs excuses not to acknowledge his unreal consistency. you can bet your house that if he was at Real still he would still be hitting braces such as today's.

Indeed, alot of idiot sandwiches

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism

giphy.gif

FinBarcelonafan

I don't think Messi has declined THAT much. Messi has one big issue over Ronaldo though. Ronaldo adjusted his game when he got older. Ronaldo knows his limitations, Messi still thinks he can play like when he was 20 years old. Messi needs to adapt his game to fit current Messi and so on.

1. Messi needs to rest. Not start every freaking game. He doesn't have the stamina anymore.
2. He shouldn't try to dribble past the opponent from the half line. His key ingredient was always to score goals, now it's being wasted. He needs to give other players responsibility with the ball and wait higher!
3. If he waits higher, he needs to find open space and run for passes. He doesn't do that currently. He wants the ball to feet(in snail speed) and it slows down the game too much.
4. Don't play in fucking useless games(vs teams we can win anyway). That's key to me. He should have never started Vs Atletico today, because he needed rest. Put him there for 30-40 min max.

I find surprising egomaniac like Ronaldo was able to see his decline in some areas and change his game to running fast straight and heading/kicking the ball. He will be useful as long as he can run fast straigh tline. Probably till he is forty. Messi needs to adapt to fit his current situation.

Messi is in many ways a liability to our team. He needs to change his game. Adapt and get the best out of old Messi. This is not the Messi who can carry Valverdes Barca to LaLiga win by himself.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I don't think Messi has declined THAT much. Messi has one big issue over Ronaldo though. Ronaldo adjusted his game when he got older. Ronaldo knows his limitations, Messi still thinks he can play like when he was 20 years old. Messi needs to adapt his game to fit current Messi and so on.

1. Messi needs to rest. Not start every freaking game. He doesn't have the stamina anymore.
2. He shouldn't try to dribble past the opponent from the half line. His key ingredient was always to score goals, now it's being wasted. He needs to give other players responsibility with the ball and wait higher!
3. If he waits higher, he needs to find open space and run for passes. He doesn't do that currently. He wants the ball to feet(in snail speed) and it slows down the game too much.
4. Don't play in fucking useless games(vs teams we can win anyway). That's key to me. He should have never started Vs Atletico today, because he needed rest. Put him there for 30-40 min max.

I find surprising egomaniac like Ronaldo was able to see his decline in some areas and change his game to running fast straight and heading/kicking the ball. He will be useful as long as he can run fast straigh tline. Probably till he is forty. Messi needs to adapt to fit his current situation.

Messi is in many ways a liability to our team. He needs to change his game. Adapt and get the best out of old Messi. This is not the Messi who can carry Valverdes Barca to LaLiga win by himself.

+1000

Messi thinks he has the body of a 22 years old player.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Didn't Ronaldo score all (or almost all) of Juve's knock-out goals in CL? He's carrying this piss poor team smh, but can only take them that far.

Morten

Didn't Ronaldo score all (or almost all) of Juve's knock-out goals in CL? He's carrying this piss poor team smh, but can only take them that far.

Well, they certainly were shit without him, especially since Dybala wasn`t in form also, those two carried Juventus last season.

Home of Barca Fans