Luis Suárez

serghei

I also can't find a proper no9 who we can sign, which is why I wouldn't drop Suarez for good. But he can't be a sure starter. Just a squad rotational player. If he can accept that fine, if not he can go.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I also can't find a proper no9 who we can sign, which is why I wouldn't drop Suarez for good. But he can't be a sure starter. Just a squad rotational player. If he can accept that fine, if not he can go.

Doubt he will accept that. He's way too competitive for that, and his salary for backup is huge.

henias

That's precisely my point, against those who believe Griezmann is a bad fit and that we absolutely need a striker in the mould of Suarez.

With Valverde I would agree with you, but Griezmann can definitely play a role similar to what Tadic does in Ajax's setup, and then you complement that with Messi who has a free role, but starts out on the RW like Ziyech, and complement that with a proper LW.

It depends on our setup, how the ball progression from the midfield is and the overall nature of the team.

I can agree with you, that if we have a manager like Valverde, Messi False 9 with two wingers is probably the best setup, but I'm hopeful we'll have a better manager by next summer.

I never implied Griezmann can't play that role. But it would be a perfect waste of his abilities.

Lapi

Doubt he will accept that. He's way too competitive for that, and his salary for backup is huge.

Under normal circumstances and under a useful coach, it wouldn't matter.
All players have to accept to be benched, otherwise the result is an internal chaos.

If Barca were leading the league by 4 points, he could maybe get a bit more time to ratify his place. But under the present circumstances Suarez shouldn't ever start.

Jallo

I have no idea why a guy who is coming from an injury and is old is allowed to play essentially three 90 minutes games in less than a week. Just weird.

Ritchie

It's the fact we can't afford one because Suarez has no transfer value. Itll cost Neymar money to sign a top one.

Just play Griez there.

ronniecro

really sucks for me to see him in this state where he can't even make the pass at the times and slowly becoming one of the most hated barca players in recent times. i wish he gets back to form but i think it's over,i don't doubt his will but the best thing he can do now is to accept the bench and become kind of a super sub

devo901

besides his physical degrading, I think it is way more mental symptoms we see.... I saw him insecure & unsure in 90% of actions...

1. The situation 2nd half, where he almost crashed in to Toni Griez., while Toni had the ball in the goal area! That was so obvious that he lost it completely.

2. The other moment 2nd half, where he ran central towards the keeper, but neigher could go around, nor chip the ball over the keeper, he looked full of angst and lacking confidence... (leaning backwards! because too late/slow/fearfull)

sua2.jpg

--
---
--
Not to forget this blunder below
...good pass from dembele and suarez did not hit the ball properly and produced perfect "mosquito-hammer" ... ball rolled into the arms of keeper
sua3.jpg

Last edited:

clemente

Cannot stand this guy, how can you be overweight when it's literally your job to be fit, and the money he gets paid...

malvolio

i can understand him getting old and losing pace/stamina. but not being able to control any ball or make a simple pass?! wtf is up with that!?

we would be better off with having falcao, giroud, dzeko or mandzukic as a "larsson" type sub.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans