xXKonan

cancelo_debate_vcf.jpg

Full name: João Pedro Cavaco Cancelo

Date of birth: May 27,1994 (age 22)

Place of birth: Barreiro, Portugal

Height:1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)

Playing position:Right back / Winger

Current Club:Valencia CF

Born in Barreiro, Setúbal District, Cancelo started playing football with local F.C. Barreirense. He joined S.L. Benfica's youth system in 2007 at the age of 14, where he played as both right and left back. He later signed with Valencia in 2014 on loan from Benfica and on 25 May 2015, Cancelo agreed to a permanent contract with the Spanish club until 30 June 2021.

We have been watching him a lot recently and recent rumors from the Valencia and Catalan press see us going for the young RB in January with Vidal possibly going the other way.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Cancelo better attacking, but defensively Bellerin is far ahead. And that's saying something since Bellerin is still developing that part of his game.

Although with Cancelo it's often that he switches off while defending or doesn't track back in time which leads to his downfall there.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Cancelo better attacking, but defensively Bellerin is far ahead. And that's saying something since Bellerin is still developing that part of his game.

Although with Cancelo it's often that he switches off while defending or doesn't track back in time which leads to his downfall there.

I feel like Bellerin's pace is what gives the impression he can defend. I see a player who can take risks because of the latitude speed provides else I see him consistently get beat by technique

Of course Alba isn't much better in this regard and he's a great fullback

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I feel like Bellerin's pace is what gives the impression he can defend. I see a player who can take risks because of the latitude speed provides else I see him consistently get beat by technique

Of course Alba isn't much better in this regard and he's a great fullback

Oh, I'm not saying he's a very good defender. He certainly uses his speed to bail him out a lot of times.

But the problem with Cancelo who is very fast himself, is that he often doesn't even do that. He just switches off which is completely unacceptable.

hulinat

hes shit and has mostly played as a forward this season. montoya is actually a better defender than this guy so it would be retarded business by this club to sign him.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He was running through our fragile defense and past our almost paralytic midfield, so I don't think that is a good measure of his capabilities... And yeah, he needs to defend, you know, quite a little detail...

Raketa10

He was destroying Digne yesterday!!! I dont know how good are his defending skills but he is pure energy in attack! If he is good in defense he could be a good option for us.

Home of Barca Fans