2 - João Cancelo

vlad

He was destroying Digne yesterday!!! I dont know how good are his defending skills but he is pure energy in attack! If he is good in defense he could be a good option for us.

yeah, let barca buy everything what is worth in la liga, does not matter if he will be on the bench or not, then complain how bad is la liga

xXKonan

Cancelo can't defend very well but he has time on his side.

From what I've read we want him more for his attacking talent than "Defending" :lol:

Sali

His defensive positioning is lacking sometimes which is why he's being played as a right winger at Valencia atm, his tackling is not bad though and he also makes up for his bad positioning with his incredible pace. That reminds me, anyone remember when Mathieu was played as a left winger at Valencia while Alba played left back? Lol, good times.

That being said, Cancelo will be so much better than Aleix at right back, as he has played right back all of his career while the latter had never any defensive skills at all, just a good work-rate.

xXKonan

portada-sport-hoy-1478297543861.jpg

Translates to.

[tw]794685163032682496[/tw]

Raketa10

I really think he has a great potential. What worries me are his defending skills at the moment but on the other hand that is something you can learn.

For example Darijo Srna was in the beginning of his career playing more RM and RW positions. He become proper RB in Shakhtar. I wouldn't mind if we go for Cancelo but than people here need to understand he'll need some time to adapt and learn how to defend, so mistakes will happen for sure during that time.

Aurier would be a good solution immediately while Cancelo would be long term project for us. Honestly I would rather have him than Aurier because I really think we do not need trouble in our locker room every now and then and that would happen with Aurier.

Last edited:

Jombi

I would much rather have Cancelo than Bellerin for sure.

Would prefer Fabinho, Ricardo Pereira or Benjamin Henrichs over any of those though!

Raketa10

I would risk with Cancelo he has great potential and he can also play for us in CL this season, no to mention that he would be cheeper than Bellerin or Fabinho.

Last edited:

F4THi

Banned
His offensive work will really make a real difference on the right flank especially with Rakitic's poor offensive work on the flanks and with Messi going deep all the time

Home of Barca Fans