2 - João Cancelo

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
you could have a case if koeman came here and improved the likes of semedo, for example.

otherwise who did he improve(from a mediocre player to a good one)? FDJ(who was already labelled as one of the best before coming here) by changing his position on the field?

Young players like Araujo, Mingueza and Pedri are showing more for the first team than they did in Segunda/Segunda B. Yes, FdJ did improve. Griezmann is playing better than last season, although I agree he is a lost cause. Dembele's work ethic and mentality have improved, which may or may not translate into his stats, we'll see by the end of the season. I'm sure Ansu would be having his breakout season if not for the injury. Overall, Koeman is doing a good job for the future of this team.

malvolio

Young players like Araujo, Mingueza and Pedri are showing more for the first team than they did in Segunda/Segunda B. Yes, FdJ did improve. Griezmann is playing better than last season, although I agree he is a lost cause. Dembele's work ethic and mentality have improved, which may or may not translate into his stats, we'll see by the end of the season. I'm sure Ansu would be having his breakout season if not for the injury. Overall, Koeman is doing a good job for the future of this team.

have you actively been watching araujo, mingueza and pedri before they joined our first team?

i agree that koeman did an ok job with the available resources. and also the youngsters that played seem to be on a good track. it's just that i haven't seen a clear improvement for the players that were stagnating.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
have you actively been watching araujo, mingueza and pedri before they joined our first team?

i agree that koeman did an ok job with the available resources. and also the youngsters that played seem to be on a good track. it's just that i haven't seen a clear improvement for the players that were stagnating.

I haven't watched Araujo and Mingueza at Barca B bar few games and I haven't watched a single Las Palmas Pedri game bar youtube compilations. I am basing this on the opinions of those who did watch them, however. Araujo was very raw, for instance, and Mingueza wasn't even a starter. You could argue that Mingueza and Araujo's development could be attributed to Pimenta's rather than to Koeman's coaching, but surely the latter also plays a role inasmuch as it is much harder to perform in La Liga than Segunda B. They made the jump seamlessly, however, and I presume Koeman assisted them in doing so. I think we'll look at Koeman in the future as we did at van Gaal - he is building a foundation for a top team if we make the right transfers.

I agree that he did not improve the level of stagnating players like Firpo or the old guard bar Alba.

Last edited:

Messi983

This would be terrible. I prefer to keep Roberto until his contract expires than doing stupid deal like that.

Home of Barca Fans