Liga l Round 5: FC Barcelona - Atletico de Madrid 1-1

PhilS

I don't know if this is the game for 3-4-3 again, but I think we will see a lot of the 3-4-3 this year.

The team has a surplus of midfielders, and is a little light on fullbacks. All 4 choices at CB handle the ball so well that they can do the ball-advancing work normally done by the DM. All 4 FBs can play further up the field as wingers, and one or two of them are suspect members of the back line. Having 3 pretty much full-timers on the back line provides plenty enough players back. Rafinha looks really good in this winger roll, too. Sergi Roberto can play any of those 4 midfield positions.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I have a good feeling for the match. MSN are beginning to reach a good rhythm together and they always are up for Atletico - there's no break or poor run of form to complicate form. It's a great early season test ahead of City and to gauge where they are at this point. Plus, while Simeone has rarely gotten the better of Barcelona, they have shown they can consistently frustrate. Everyone will be obliged to be 'switched on'

Plus the clincher, Messi is in great form atm...and I'll be there :cool:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Just realised that Messi has scored in 4 out of 4 league games against Atletico since Lucho took charge. Nice stat and turnaround from those horrible games against them during Tata's period at the club.

raki

Dangerous game. Even more after the Alaves disaster. Not to win could mean 5 points behind scumadrid.

Atletico is the team that i dislike the most when playing barça. They are our nemesis despite winning most of the games since Lucho arrived.

raki

Toughest match this season yet, not convinced Umtiti should start ahead Masche. No rotations, no BS since a win is mandatory with rm having won every of their games thus far.

Masche is not in great shape. Umtiti is way ahead

SahanBarca

Atletico Madrid haven't beaten Barcelona at the Camp Nou since 2006.
This record is amazing. I hope we extend it further!

beogatts

I'd park the bus vs Atletico

5-4-1

:coffee:

[formation=barca,6]
Ter Stegen
0-Pique-0-Mascherano-0-Umtiti-0
Boberto-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
0-Rakitic-0-Iniesta-0-Gomes-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0