Nico Gonzalez

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I think he could play well as a CM and drive the ball forward too. But replacing Busi is his best chance in this squad.

Porque

I think he could play well as a CM and drive the ball forward too. But replacing Busi is his best chance in this squad.

Agreed. I think a season of learning the nuances from Busquets at DMC would be good for him.

With Pedri and Ilaix we also do not want to create overbooking with too many prospects gunning for the same positions.

Bobo32

A midfield with Busquets, Nico, Puig would be very stable and at the same time dynamic. Yes Pedri could play as a winger or something also. Did Puig and Nico play alot together before?

I think Nico isn't quite as elegant and flairy as Busquets at DMC, but he makes up for it to some extent by being faster, stronger, more distinctive defensively, and he has a bit longer range in his passing (mostly a question of flavour). He also brings the ball forward sometimes just as calmly and explosively as Frenkie does. I can see Koeman really liking this player, and I do as well.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Barca B needs him more than the senior squad does right now. He will be promoted in summer most likely with Puig and Pjanic shipped off.

Andresito

Staff member
Just learned that his father is Fran Gonzalez who played for Depor, like 550 league games with a league title on top of that.

Pretty decent genes.

Messi983

Alemany met with his agent (Pep's brother) a few days ago and offered a 3-year contract. He'd remain a Barca B player but would train with the first team.

Makes sense. He'd still get regular minutes in Barca B to develop but if he makes a breakthrough in the first team like Mingueza then he can stay up.

Hope he'll accept that and won't demand being officially promoted to renew.

Porque

Logical move. He will be doing pre-season with the first team anyways so if he impresses he will get chances like Pedri and Ilaix before him.

mc_lovin

Wow, he got huge :lol:

Really excited to see him in preseason. First time I am really on board with our current La Masia generation (since the obvious one).

xXKonan

The renewal of Nico Gonz?lez in the right track. The midfielder will sign for three more years, and will enter the first team dynamics next season. The planning is that in the 2022-23 season, the Galician midfielder will be an official player of the first team. [md]

Home of Barca Fans