Nico Gonzalez

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Incredibly, I am not sure just how great this talent can be - in a short time he has shown us so many facets to an already mature & elite game that it beggars belief. Our midfield is golden

BBZ8800

I just don't see him making it as a player of a stronger club.

Probably Levante squad player in a few years, entering in the last 20 minutes of a game.

Windhook

A couple of lost balls, he could have done better today for sure, but I'm not going to rush into such "final solution" judgements.

ajnotkeith

Bad game. I'm not big on Nico but no coincidence, he has been moved deeper again and look he's not playing good anymore.

He was good at AM where he can go forward with less defensive responsibilities. At DM/defensive CM just average and played bad today. Get more out of him by playing him further forward.

Bobo32

Bad game. I'm not big on Nico but no coincidence, he has been moved deeper again and look he's not playing good anymore.

He was good at AM where he can go forward with less defensive responsibilities. At DM/defensive CM just average and played bad today. Get more out of him by playing him further forward.

He was struggling positionally/with the tempo today. I don't think it's about his instructions, but he seems to have this tendency (he is still young and inexperienced at this level too). I saw the same tendencies in some of his best games too.
He got some great balls into space by Busquets in the beginning of the game, but he was afraid to advance and do something with it, I thought he took a lot of questionable decisions. Then I thought he looked a bit tired, and throughout the entire game, he was often a step or two too late.

I like the player, but he shouldn't really be starting every game.

serghei

Work in progress. It's expected to have some good games and some bad ones. I think he struggles with the volume of games, he is not the most gifted player in terms of stamina and speed. He can have games where he looks sharp and decisive, followed by a game where he looks as if he did 50 stadium laps prior to the match.

In this game and the Atletico game, he looked slow and ponderous. In other games, he looked one step faster and more tenacious. I want him introduced in a rotation system as soon as more players come back from injury. It's not right to play 17-19 year older every 3-4 days.

One thing with him is that he so far has a lot to learn about where he is in space. Sometimes, he had space behind him, but he was unaware of it and acted as if he was under pressure when he wasn't. He should learn to think quickly and inform himself at all times about where he is and where the opponents are, something which Gavi does better, but even he has to improve. It's one of the things you get better at with experience and forming better relations with your teammates.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans