Nico Gonzalez

Bobo32

I'm still a bit in disbelief over his performance, I thought it was outstanding. For awhile I really confused him with Busquets. He showed little of the jitters from his last match, looked supremely assured of every action he made

He impressed me the most from the cantera kids on the day

Wow you seem to be correct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLmXHmA9CPw
I had obviously focused elsewhere and missed his performance - there were no extremely eyecatching genius solutions as you'd expect from a Busquets game, but all in all he played just as good as him - which maybe made me miss it! This seemed to be a better game than what I've seen him do before. I'd like a bit of a longer video though, to see more of his general positioning etc.

Porque

Very tidy doing the work that goes unnoticed. He doesn't have those Busquets range of passing from deep (who does?) But he has those feints and nuances to create time and space to make the correct pass.

Our best hope is he learns as much as he can from twilight Busquets who has returned to a great level.

I think he could be a good player. Doesn't look 16 at all I don't think I've ever seen barca have prospects who were quite this good at 16 physically in particular. Don't see his future as anything but Dm and even today he can keep the ball well very nice technique decent passing but needs to now work on his defensive game . From a technical point of view as a Dm he doesn't even need to improve anything his technical game is pretty good as is which is pretty crazy as a 16 year old. But he definitely needs more experience and to focus on being good defensively, not make mistakes.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I think he could be a good player. Doesn't look 16 at all I don't think I've ever seen barca have prospects who were quite this good at 16 physically in particular. Don't see his future as anything but Dm and even today he can keep the ball well very nice technique decent passing but needs to now work on his defensive game . From a technical point of view as a Dm he doesn't even need to improve anything his technical game is pretty good as is which is pretty crazy as a 16 year old. But he definitely needs more experience and to focus on being good defensively, not make mistakes.

Gavi is 16, Nico is 19.

Gavi is 16, Nico is 19.

My point still stands haha. He's very good for a 19 year old. Just compare him to ilaix I mean this guy looks 10x better. And still he looks more way more impressive than the likes of Alena and any other prospect in the last 10 years.
First player thst i can see succeeding from LA masia in a very very long time besides fati. All the others were just mediocre and weak this guy has good physique and actual real skill

Androutsos

Man his first touch is fucking incredible, so many times he received the ball and his first touch was perfect and it allowed him to move or pass into space. Very Busi like.

xXKonan

Romero says Koeman considers him Busi's number 1 backup.

So we will see him quite a bit this season.

Zidane82

I'm still a bit in disbelief over his performance, I thought it was outstanding. For awhile I really confused him with Busquets. He showed little of the jitters from his last match, looked supremely assured of every action he made

He impressed me the most from the cantera kids on the day
I thought it WAS Busquets for the first few minutes- until the guy said his name :)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I thought it WAS Busquets for the first few minutes- until the guy said his name :)

Same, I thought the #6 was a #5 - the composure, precise movements, anticipation and passes really were reminiscent of a young Busquets

There's been a lot of talk about him for a bit now but I was not too impressed on his debut, yesterday however really shocked me

BusiTheKing

There seems to be more intent in his ordinary passing game. This is what I like. Nothing is done for no reason.

I think that what makes Busquets stand out, for comparison, is the degree of intent in every decision, every inch of his movement and every gram of force in his passes. Those little elementary things that constantly nudge the balance of the game in our favor. That is something I don't see as much in Gavi or Pedri for example.

Bobo32

Hm this must be a bit nitpicked right? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isjgD8AtwZk

Some very nice actions tbh, but the midfield and the whole team was badly balanced, and while watching the game I sometimes blamed Nico and thought he should be somewhere else etc. But if this was all his touches, then his touches were pretty much without fault once again...

Home of Barca Fans