Nico Gonzalez

Andresito

Staff member
Good. I doubt he'll play B games at the end of next season. Will be like Ilaix but earlier in the season I think.

Messi983

He'd be the one benefiting the most if Barca B gets promoted to Segunda imo. I think he's too good for Segunda B but probably not on La Liga level yet.

Andresito

Staff member
He'd be the one benefiting the most if Barca B gets promoted to Segunda imo. I think he's too good for Segunda B but probably not on La Liga level yet.

You think? I think he'd do well as a pivot in Liga in a limited Busi role, sort of when he played with Xavi and Iniesta: just doing his defensive duty and playing it simple.

I'd say it's 'easier' to take a step up in that role compared to the likes of Collado, Ilaix, Konrad, Alena and Peque, who are players you expect to produce points or at least be heavily involved in attack.

Prodi

It`s alreafy confirmed he's going to preaseason with the first team along side Balde and Collado.

Then, Koeman decides if they stay like Araujo or Mingueza last year, or they only train with the first team and plays with Barsa B like Konrad.

Last edited:

Messi983

You think? I think he'd do well as a pivot in Liga in a limited Busi role, sort of when he played with Xavi and Iniesta: just doing his defensive duty and playing it simple.

I'd say it's 'easier' to take a step up in that role compared to the likes of Collado, Ilaix, Konrad, Alena and Peque, who are players you expect to produce points or at least be heavily involved in attack.

I meant playing regularly (as a starter) in La Liga. Not for Barca obviously and don't think he'd play much if send on loan to La Liga team either.

He needs to play every week to develop so if he can do that in Segunda A rather than Segunda B (or Primera RFEF as Spanish 3rd tier league will be called from next season) would be better for him.

Surely he could get some minutes in our first team as Busi backup but I don't want to see him as a starter anymore.

FinBarcelonafan

It`s alreafy confirmed he's going to preaseason with the first team along side Balde and Collado.

Then, Koeman decides if they stay like Araujo or Mingueza last year, or they only train with the first team and plays with Barsa B like Konrad.

Hopefully more Barca B players make it. Always fun to watch real LaMasia products.n

Porque

He is great when the game is at one tempo and he can play at his pace, but needs to work on being able to change his rythm when the pace quickens. This is the major problem I'm seeing from watching him this season.

Something he can work on, and possibly a season in the Second division with sporadic first team minutes is the best solution for next season. But I think he can play in the lower LaLiga games and not look out of place.

BBZ8800

I don't know how good Nico is but I DO KNOW that in the next season he will take the annual "fck the stupid coach, why wasn't Nico subbed in in the last 15 minutes?" role :D

Andresito

Staff member
Some good news these days. Renewed until 2024. Will do the preseason with the first team.

Look at that firm handshake. BBZ where you at.

E1L8bwEXsAMoQQf

Messi983

One thing I don't totally understand is why does he have a 500m clause (I know we're putting in these unrealistic clauses in most contract renewals since Neymar has backstabbed us) if he has only renewed for 3 years?

He won't leave this summer or next one but if he won't establish himself by 2023 and will want to leave for some reason we'll have to take whatever we'll get or risk losing him for nothing.

If the club really believes in him then tying him down for 5 years (even with a lower clause like 300m - which would still prevent other clubs getting him) would make much more sense.

Unless the club has an option to renew his contract unilaterally (like we've had with Mingueza and probably some other players) for two more years which wasn't reported.

FinBarcelonafan

One thing I don't totally understand is why does he have a 500m clause (I know we're putting in these unrealistic clauses in most contract renewals since Neymar has backstabbed us) if he has only renewed for 3 years?

He won't leave this summer or next one but if he won't establish himself by 2023 and will want to leave for some reason we'll have to take whatever we'll get or risk losing him for nothing.

If the club really believes in him then tying him down for 5 years (even with a lower clause like 300m - which would still prevent other clubs getting him) would make much more sense.

Unless the club has an option to renew his contract unilaterally (like we've had with Mingueza and probably some other players) for two more years which wasn't reported.

It's mostly about Barca being able to set the price for him and the Snakemar thingy.

Messi983

It's mostly about Barca being able to set the price for him and the Snakemar thingy.

But this is what doesn't make sense. If he's on shorter contract we can't really set the price if in two years we decide he's not good enough and want to sell him. When players have just a year left on their contracts negotiating power is in their hands.

Another thing is if he'll establish himself in the first team we'll have to give him a new contract with higher wages in two years. And with expiring contract he'll again have more power to demand what he wants. If he'd sign a longterm contract now on lower wages the club could push negotiations down the road for a further season or two if our financial situation still won't improve enough by 2023 or if we won't be totally sure if he's worth what he's asking for.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans