Nico Gonzalez

Porque

Looks as if I'd enjoy watching Barcelona B more to be honest, even though they don't have Messi or Busquets.
Was this video all his touches, or did they hide some mistakes? He looks brilliant, so did Orellana the video I watched. A shame to buy Pjanic and then let him play when there are players like this in the club.

Pretty much. There was less than a handful of giveaways.

Something that the complitation shows, which I didn't really pick up when watching live is how one-footed he is. There are instances when it would be easier to pass or touch the ball with the left. Like a right footed Alena.

I don't think he will be as limited as Alena though as his first touch and movement is more consistent.

Last edited:

serghei

Another one? Maybe we don't need any midfield signings for a good number of years. We can focus on CB and striker departments. And get ourselves some world class players there.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Ronald Koeman is impressed by Nico Gonz?lez of Barcelona B, but his contract must be renewed first. [
@victor_nahe]

Another one? Maybe we don't need any midfield signings for a good number of years. We can focus on CB and striker departments. And get ourselves some world class players there.

we still need a CDM imo.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Tough to say how he develops, but he might turn into that quick, physical CDM we need.

serghei

I'm with De Jong CDM camp anyway. For me, we already have the best Busi successor. What I'd want is to develop Ilaix as a box-to-box scorer-shooter type. But it's early with him, still don't know what his best position is.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'm with De Jong CDM camp anyway. For me, we already have the best Busi successor. What I'd want is to develop Ilaix as a box-to-box scorer-shooter type. But it's early with him, still don't know what his best position is.

I think Frenkie is too good in his current box-to-box role to put him at CDM.

serghei

I think Frenkie is too good in his current box-to-box role to put him at CDM.

I understand this position, but you can give him more responsibilities as a CDM. Casemiro has been one of Madrid's best players under Zidane and he's a CDM.

I mean I'm of the opinion that the role of the single-pivot DM can encompass more responsabilities if the player is special. See Casemiro in Madrid, see Yaya as a DM in 2009 who was actually a box-to-box type and a DM 2 in 1, with plenty of freedom to attack and drive forward. Similar to how De Jong would fit.

Last edited:

Bobo32

I understand this position, but you can give him more responsibilities as a CDM. Casemiro has been one of Madrid's best players under Zidane and he's a CDM.

I mean I'm of the opinion that the role of the single-pivot DM can encompass more responsabilities if the player is special. See Casemiro in Madrid, see Yaya as a DM in 2009 who was actually a box-to-box type and a DM 2 in 1, with plenty of freedom to attack and drive forward. Similar to how De Jong would fit.

Casemiro plays behind Kroos and Modric, two very positionally aware players, concerned with control. If we still had Xavi and Iniesta, maybe it would work with a free roaming CDM like Frenkie, but even that probably wouldn't be great.

Frenkie is ok as a boxtobox, better than Ilaix will be I think. I do not think that role is crucial though, and that Barcelona only need one midfielder able to play like that. And letting both play so freely at the same time will look great sometimes and lead to a disaster other times.

Based only on that game posted above, I think Nico will be a good successor to Busquets, he seems to understand the angles and the tempo. Either him or Orellana might be good. But Busquets can play for some years more hopefully.

JamDav1982

Casimero has been a massive threat from set pieces and gets given more freedom to make runs into box when Real are raining in the crosses to get a goal

Kroos plays deeper and so too can Modric to allow him to get forward as both have great range of passing and can influence game from deep.

Different set up to lone DM at Barca. Particularly if looking for someone to take up the Busquets role.

Home of Barca Fans