Nico Gonzalez

Porque

Well, whatever side you stand on with Nico, I think we can all agree that if Xavi can explain and train his ideas aswell as he showed them as a player (something Koeman coulsnt do unfortunately) then Nico will benefit greatly from his appointment.

As for this game, nice match and the right level of opponent for youth players.

cro-man

His best game so far and the first time i have seen his talent. I was not expecting a good performance considering everyone sucked around him.

Windhook

As I stated for Gavi, the good game applies to Nico as well. Too bad he picked up the injury. I loved the way these kids bossed the midfield in the second half. The future looks promising, but we need a proper manager to coach them.

khaled_a_d

Good game and bad he got injured, but he need to play a little deeper when we have the ball. Sometimes he plays like he is a 10

ajnotkeith

Good game and bad he got injured, but he need to play a little deeper when we have the ball. Sometimes he plays like he is a 10

Yea I noticed it specifically when he took a shot just outside the box, it deflected, and they made a 2v2 counterattack because him and Gavi were so far forward. Like I mentioned before that could burn us against better teams and it has. Needs to work on positioning.

Other than that not a bad game. Had some nice touches and he receives the ball nicely.

JamDav1982

He isnt nearly as slow as is made out.

Can take the ball and move quickly with it for a guy of his size.

Was probably Barcas best player for second game running. On both ends.. offensively and defensively as well as energy to make things happen.

serghei

Well, he kind of should play in Busi's place then, today he was played as box to box, like Gavi. But were pretty active in getting the ball and driving it forward.

Bobo32

Well, he kind of should play in Busi's place then, today he was played as box to box, like Gavi. But were pretty active in getting the ball and driving it forward.

He is not that good in small spaces at least yet. I see potential, but he seems to overlook a lot of stuff and his concentration isn't that great. He thrives with a bit more time and space, but also when he can be isolated against one or two opponents and use his body and his feeling to dribble. He has some of that natural dribbling ability that Messi and Maradona had but in a much different way - but like them he knows when and where to put the ball when he is pressed. But he oversees stuff too as I wrote.

khaled_a_d

Nah, he is clearly a CM.
But it is one killer trait for midfielder to just wait for the ball near the penalty area. Happened few times from him today and I hope it won't be a habit.

Porque

Hes a very good talent when the team is in control of the game, like today.

Glad he is showing why he has been highly rated last season.

Still, will have alot of poor moments in tougher games where this forum will bash him alot.

But atleast we know he can play well in the smaller games.

Home of Barca Fans