Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Nico Gonzalez

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo32 View Post
    It's a nonbrainer?
    He should play games, and in Barcelona A he seems to be above Puig and Pjanic in Koemans order, but he is behind Frenkie, Pedri, Sergi, Sergi and Gavi. Being sixth in line makes it tough to get very much playing time when everybody's fit, and it's easy to be called in when needed?

What are the limits for when you must register for A/cannot play for B?
    I'd like to say 10 without researching, but I am not 100%. It is around that number though.

I think we could of done the same with Gavi, but it seems Koeman believes in him completely, and I can only assume that he is looking incredible in training. If he has a level of trust close to Pedri, then it makes sense to give him a first team number though.
    FCB11

----Long ball to Martens----
    Pass left to Martens-Pass forward to Martens-Left foot to Martens
    Pass back to Martens-------------------------------Cut back to Martens
    ----Through Ball to Martens -----
    ---Ignore shot and pass to Martens---Backheel to Martens---
    ----I am Martens----1-2 with Martens----

Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Koeman is a stubborn type, if he decides to trust someone, that player's gonna see lots of minutes on the pitch.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://twitter.com/DKostanjsak/stat...518660/photo/1 Unironically this thread makes Nico look pretty weak icl.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	9099

It shows Nico is a very accurate passer and makes a lot of interceptions but there are many many metrics in which he doesn't even beat the Segunda B median and in some cases is right at the bottom.
    Overall playing for by far the most talented team last season in Segunda B with so many attacking options the fact he lacks that much progression is worrying and this thread is using median as well, not mean, in which it makes Nico look even worse as there are top performers in such metrics who drag the average up (he should be along with them...)

Obviously stats don't tell the whole story but watching him this preseason and in his sub appearances have kind of given me the sense he is being rushed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Да, он переоценен. Педри, Нико, Гави эти ребята переоценены. Нашим лучшим игроком в Барса Б является Орельяна. Но я не понимаю почему Куман не вызывает его.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M3ls View Post
    Да, он переоценен. Педри, Нико, Гави эти ребята переоценены. Нашим лучшим игроком в Барса Б является Орельяна. Но я не понимаю почему Куман не вызывает его.
    yeah i know right?
    I can't speak English as well as you... But my uncle works in gas station.

Blaugrana al vent
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M3ls View Post
    Orellana is too weak physically, not cut for top-flight football.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajnotkeith View Post
    https://twitter.com/DKostanjsak/stat...518660/photo/1 Unironically this thread makes Nico look pretty weak icl.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	9099

It shows Nico is a very accurate passer and makes a lot of interceptions but there are many many metrics in which he doesn't even beat the Segunda B median and in some cases is right at the bottom.
    Overall playing for by far the most talented team last season in Segunda B with so many attacking options the fact he lacks that much progression is worrying and this thread is using median as well, not mean, in which it makes Nico look even worse as there are top performers in such metrics who drag the average up (he should be along with them...)

Obviously stats don't tell the whole story but watching him this preseason and in his sub appearances have kind of given me the sense he is being rushed.
    Stat wise, he looks more and more as DM, not the most creative passer but more of "recycle and keep possession" who is solid on the defensive end.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slowest sprint award for sub in 2021

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A poor mans Gumbau

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pregra View Post
    A poor mans Gumbau
    Lol where did you find that guy...

Another slow,atricious,inathletic CDM...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter really sold people a fantasy regarding our youth. Nico and Demir were made out by the young cules cult as ready to start now and wonderkids when in reality they are being pocketed by teams like Cadiz. It's not that they are bad but not every youth prospect is an Ansu Fati, think of it like picking apples. If you pick a tiny one that just started growing it tastes shit. Not every youth prospect can jump in and contribute in LaLiga instantly and defo not now Messi is gone as being able to pass to Messi no longer gets you free minutes.

Gavi and Balde are the two who I think justify to stay with the main team as they are contributing well for their age and at least being net positives.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter really sold people a fantasy regarding our youth. Nico and Demir were made out by the young cules cult as ready to start now and wonderkids when in reality they are being pocketed by teams like Cadiz. It's not that they are bad but not every youth prospect is an Ansu Fati, think of it like picking apples. If you pick a tiny one that just started growing it tastes shit. Not every youth prospect can jump in and contribute in LaLiga instantly and defo not now Messi is gone as being able to pass to Messi no longer gets you free minutes.

Gavi and Balde are the two who I think justify to stay with the main team as they are contributing well for their age and at least being net positives.
    Thought of Gavi performance???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He will improve, but seeing his slow ess and unagility it means he does not have high potential.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vegitot View Post
    Thought of Gavi performance???
    To sum it up quickly, I think he isn't at the level for the first-team yet but he is making it up by playing his ass off and running as much as he can.

When you watch him in these games you can see he is being thrown in the deep end. Playing in Barca it is easy to fade into the background and do nothing and it's what would happen to Gavi if he didn't try as hard as he does because he doesn't have the experience or awareness to make an impact in these games yet. But his workrate and outstanding defensive contribution for his age makes it interesting. He even won a couple aerials and got stuck in to a lot of challenges.

As a box-to-box, Verrati type player, I see him with a lot of potential. Has a great mentality. When Demir was getting pocketed by the Cadiz fullback he wasn't running, pressing, tracking back, none of it. As long as Gavi continues to fight for his minutes he deserves them, at this point. But in conclusion still a very raw player that obviously can't be expected to impact in the first-team at 17. The attacking side of his game is really missing, despite the good assist the other day, I feel he should do more in the final third.
    Last edited by ajnotkeith; 23rd September 2021 at 11:56 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To sum it up quickly, I think he isn't at the level for the first-team yet but he is making it up by playing his ass off and running as much as he can.

When you watch him in these games you can see he is being thrown in the deep end. Playing in Barca it is easy to fade into the background and do nothing and it's what would happen to Gavi if he didn't try as hard as he does because he doesn't have the experience or awareness to make an impact in these games yet. But his workrate and outstanding defensive contribution for his age makes it interesting.
    Great post. Play in deeper position is what all midfields will do when they play for Barca. I think Gavi has good awareness to play as a CM but for now his expierence is still zero and it takes a lot of times to increase. Far from a starter but can be a sub option easily.

His workrate is good though he may not run like that if he plays more.