Neymar vs Ronaldinho

Neymar vs Ronaldinho

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

i_bleed_blaugrana

Neymar is getting awfully close, if he can show longevic consistency as the best player in the world at the club level once the Messi-Cristiano dichotomy breaks down, maybe he can surpass Ronaldinho. It's just Ronaldinho's prime, while it was more fleeting than other legends, he showed us the kind of inginuity and creativity that even very few of the all time greats could match. For three years IMO from 2003 to 2006, he was simply unplayable. He dominated matches the way Messi did but he did it with such combination of grace and flair that are what make his prime truly distinctive from the rest.

Neymar showed he has the capability to dominate matches with us like his predecessors. But he has yet to really do so in a match with Messi in the lineup. Until he does so, I find it a bit premature to say he has even reached Ronaldinho's level, let alone surpass him. He's yet to win a World Cup too.

Love the guy, hope he continues to achieve with us and show some class for Brazil but he's gotta do more before he's even on Ronnie's dimension.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Ronaldinho is man who took us global. Came in when chips were down for Barca (unlike some of todays players) and was a symbol of changing of the tide.
Before he left he took Messi under his wing and thus legacy continued.

serghei

Ronaldinho & Co. made us the best team in the world, and since then we were off that throne for little time. Neymar will surpass him at consistency and goalscoring, but not at anything else.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
I can confidentially say barca became what it is today because of Ronaldinho. Couldn't have done it without it. Neymar doesn't even come close and will never be, but on a performance level he still has chance to overcome Ronnie. Lets see.

Pepe Silvia

Expected romantic emotional responses but not that many lol. Compare their trophies 2 leagues 1 cl, Neymar in one less season matched Ronnie best season stat wise as well. Neymar is not lacking in magic either. He truly is next level with his shit. Didn't wilt in a cl final either ooooh....lol

Disclaimer: Ronnie made me a Barça fan in 07. He's the reason I'm a Barça fan.

Home of Barca Fans