Neymar vs Ronaldinho

Neymar vs Ronaldinho

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JamDav1982

My boy said 3 goals/assist across 6 games lol I love how you play with numbers to try & make your crap points.

Look at me making that exact same thing look better now.

He had scoredlassisted in every knockout tie in the group stage, because you maybe have forgotten in your attempt to make a dumb point that CL games are played over two legs & that's when the winner is decided.

You may have also forgotten again in an attempt not make a stupid point that football is a low scoring game where the difference is made at the margins

So impacting every single two legged tie, let me break it down in smaller pieces for you. through a goal/aassist. is kinda like an NBA player averaging 30, to help his team it the NBA finals.

That ain't nothing to play with, back in those days that's class, no one was doing what Messi/Ronaldo are doing now, scoring 13 goals in CL & ish

Being decisive in every knockout tie WAS HUGE.

You said every single game.

Games and ties are different.

Nonsense but change it now. Good lad.

The defence impacted every game, Etoo like Ronaldinho scored/assisted in all but one tie and was Barcas more decisive player in more knock out ties if want to look at that.

'No one was doing what Ronaldinho did'

Your points get worse.

Etoo that season scored 6 and assisted 3 in two games less compared to Ronaldinhos 7 goals and 4 assists when main man of team built round.

Not all time great due to performance in final, lack of decisive performances, lack of all time great dominating performances etc.

Three goals/assists in seven tight ties is not as big as you make out and only matter when team as a whole step up and win games for you and defence do their job also.

Laplacian

Henry like Ronaldinho had quiet games that CL run. Happens.

Trying to make out Ronaldinho was some serial winner who lifted Barca on his back to win games is nonsense.

The red card was fully justified... the point Barca/Ronaldinho had that numerical advantage from there and yet he was still invisible.

Absolute shite like '10x invisible' shows how irrational and argument it is.

Oh my god, for once JamDav's on my side.
Take care of these nostalgia merchants for me, brother.

Laplacian

Etoo gets keeper sent off and scores equaliser in final when Ronaldinho nowhere to be seen in latter stages but Ronaldinho is the SINGLE reason Barca won the CL.

Can add the red card as well as the equaliser for Etoo.

More nonsense about every SINGLE game? Away to Chelsea? Away to Benfica? Home to Milan?

He contributed 3 goals/assist in lead up to final in six games. Good nothing great. Important as ties tight and Barca defence did their job massively but Ronaldinho THE SINGLE reason Barca won CL.

'Ronaldinho was the SINGLE reason Barca won the CL' Nonsense as has been shown.
'Ronaldinho impacted every SINGLE game' nah he didnt as shown.

Absolute delusion and rewriting history.

Fucking beautiful.

serghei

We should drop the whole X carried us in Y season. This doesn't happen in elite sides. Nearly everybody impacts extremely memorable campaigns.

JamDav1982

As for the 'non one got numbers like Messi and Ronaldo back then'

Another shite Jamrock argument.

Kaka got better numbers the very next season.. 10 goals and 3 assists with 7 goals/assist in knockouts including the final. Every game from first leg of last 16 on.

Ronaldinho got 7 goals and 4 assists and 3 in knockout stages with zero in final.

Could argue Ronaldinho was behind Kaka, Ronaldo, Messi and even Deco in 2004 for most influential im 2000s.

'All time great' to in reality probably 5th best individual campaign of that decade and not all that far ahead of his own team mate Etoo. If at all when consider importance of stats.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

post Kaka's stats in Serie A as well

Nah chief.

Feel free.

The argument BBZ made was Ronaldinho 'lifting Barca in Europe' and then Jammy jnr trying to make out Ronaldinho was all time great in 2006 CL.

Stay out of the big boys debates unless come in better than that.

BBZ doesnt need you to be the white knight you are trying to be. Calma.

JamDav1982

You're being generous to refer to BBZ clowning you around as a big boy debate. It's more like a grandmaster toying with an immature newb.

Suits you perfectly to try and be BBZ white knight.

Will leave you to it. Your stuff is too boring to bother with. Calma.

vegitot

Ronaldinho's 2002 world cup is overrated because he was a part of the winning team. He had one good game out of 7. The heroes of that tournament were Rivaldo and Ronaldo Nazario.

While it is true that Ronaldo and Rivaldo were better than Dinho in 2002, but Dinho's contribution to Brazil was huge. He was crucial. Brazil's toughest opponent was England and guess who actually showed up??? Who assisted Rivaldo's first goal and who scored the beautiful free kick to open the semi final door??? As i remember, Ronaldo was very poor that game. And in final vs Germany, Dinho should've had 2 assists if Ronaldo had scored in 1 on 1 vs Kahn.

vegitot

Etoo gets keeper sent off and scores equaliser in final when Ronaldinho nowhere to be seen in latter stages but Ronaldinho is the SINGLE reason Barca won the CL.

Can add the red card as well as the equaliser for Etoo.

More nonsense about every SINGLE game? Away to Chelsea? Away to Benfica? Home to Milan?

He contributed 3 goals/assist in lead up to final in six games. Good nothing great. Important as ties tight and Barca defence did their job massively but Ronaldinho THE SINGLE reason Barca won CL.

'Ronaldinho was the SINGLE reason Barca won the CL' Nonsense as has been shown.
'Ronaldinho impacted every SINGLE game' nah he didnt as shown.

Absolute delusion and rewriting history.

It was from Ronaldinho through ball that led to Lehmann red card. Etoo played a huge role though.

While Ronaldinho was not good in the final, he was great through out the whole tournament. He assisted 1 vs Chelsea away, scored 1 at Camp Nou. A masterclass vs Ac Milan at San Siro and assisted Guily only goal to the final.

He didn't win it alone but he was the best.

Btw, peak Dinho is better than peak Neymar.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

I am really not a fan of dissecting performances, that takes away the magic from a player like Ronaldinho. He rightfully means so much more to us than Neymar.

Home of Barca Fans