Neymar vs Ronaldinho

Neymar vs Ronaldinho

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Laplacian

Neymar is an asshole on the field, the whole world hates him.
Ronnie was a guy whom the whole world loved.
Even my sister and similar who didn't follow footoball, they all loved Ronnie.

I have never heard from those family members that they like Neymar, lol.

Ronnie was not the best professional.
But during those few years on prime, he was maybe the GOAT.

You think that I should hate him, but I don't.
Maybe it's a recency bias, but Messi disappointed me way more and gave me way more walking-sulking-nights than Ronnie during their career.

"Neymar is worse because he dives and shouts on the field"

Also BBZ on a player that isn't Neymar:

"Man I love it when players show personality, fight, and desire on the pitch. Not like those choirboys"

Being a cunt on the pitch not okay! But Ronaldinho, being an alcoholic and convicted criminal is okay...as long as he smiles for the cameras!

:lol:

Goat LOL, even Thierry Henry was better than Ronaldinho.

KingLeo10

Neymar is an asshole on the field, the whole world hates him.
Ronnie was a guy whom the whole world loved.
Even my sister and similar who didn't follow footoball, they all loved Ronnie.

I have never heard from those family members that they like Neymar, lol.

Ronnie was not the best professional.
But during those few years on prime, he was maybe the GOAT.

You think that I should hate him, but I don't.
Maybe it's a recency bias, but Messi disappointed me way more and gave me way more walking-sulking-nights than Ronnie during their career.

Messi (who gave us 10 great seasons, and at least 8 even if you stop at 2015) disappointed you more than R10 who gave us 3 great seasons before turning into a zombie?

:lol: :lol:

Joan

Sure we all wish Ronaldinho was a better professional and lasted longer.

Then funny threads like this one would never exist.

Laplacian

Messi (who gave us 10 great seasons, and at least 8 even if you stop at 2015) disappointed you more than R10 who gave us 3 great seasons before turning into a zombie?

EXACTLY

How does this guy not see his bias? 3 SEASONS of elite football in his entire career, and he's the goat. Shits on players for posting instagram pictures and playing video games, but is okay with a literal alcoholic whom used to skip A WEEK of training during matchweeks. Shits on literally the best player in this fucking club that gave us 3 UCLs (4 if you count 2006), but twerks over a player that became a has been by the time he was 28.

It's all just childhood nostalgia.

BBZ8800

2000: 2nd
2001: 4th (17 points behind Real)
2002: 4th (11 points behid Valencia)
2003: 6th (22 points behid Real)

You see, Ronaldinho came to this Barca side.
That Barca side was even worse than our current clown Barca.
If you are pissed today watching us and seeing us having no system, no results, no passion, well back then it was way, way worse.

And Ronnie came in 2003.
Back then we didn't have: Etoo, Deco, Messi, Guily, Larsson, Edmilson, Van Bommel, Belletti.
Ronnie played with Saviola, Lucho, Cocu and similar.
And on his shoulders he turned those losers into a team who almost won a title in 2004.
We were like 12th around Christmas and Rijkaard was on a verge of sacking and then Ronnie lead our team to a 10 matches winning streak (iirc) and we lost the title in the last rounds to Valencia.
That season, that 2nd part of a season was the beginning of current Barca's era.
In the next summer of 2004, we bought Etoo, Deco, Guily, Larsson, Edmilson, Belletti and already around Christmas, we were hailed as the best team in the world by media and neutral viewers.

So, in 18 Months, Ronnie lifted our team from being 6th in La liga to being the best team in the world.
Only due to tons on injuries (Larsson, Gabri, Motta, Edmilson, Silvinho) we lost to Mou's Chelsea in 2005, but we won in 2006.

So, Ronnie played only 4 CL seasons at Barca (being injured in the last one).
So, more or less only: 2005, 2006 and 2007.
He won 1 CL out of 3 attempts.
He won 1 World cup out of 2 attempts.
Ok, the sample is small, but he literally only played 5 big tournaments in the biggest teams (Barca and Brazil), winning 2 out of 5.
Messi, on the other hand, played 10 World cups+Copas and this will be his 17th Champions league attempt (lol).
Number of big tournaments:
Ronnie 5
Messi 27

Let me guess, Messi won more titles? ;)
[MENTION=22863]Laplacian[/MENTION], it is clear that you a younger guy.
There is no way that anyone who watched both Ronnie and Neymar would ask those silly questions why I dislike fucking Neymar lol.
Ronnie was the most universally beloved footballer and personality, far more universally loved than Messi and CR7.
While Neymar is the most punchable footballer in a modern history.
Please stop with any comparisons of Ronnie and Etoo.

One more video about Ronnie against Neymar.
Ronnie came in a summer of 2003, this was iirc his debut for Barca in a preseason tour around USA, we played against AC Milan, who were current CL winners.
And here is how Ronnie played, it is also clear:
1) he is making fun of the opponents => with his passes.
So, when he wants to show class => he will make tons of assists to teammates who will score
2) while with Neymar, when he wants to show class => he takes the ball at stupid positions (50 meters from the goal), tries to dribble past 4 players and then does absolutely nothing after that.
So:
1. from Ronaldinho's class and actions = team gets assists and the whole team plays better
2. from Neymar's class and actions = either he will dribble past 4 and score or he will lose the ball. In either way, team gets nothing from him, it is his individual playground.
This is why I say that teams are prisoners of Messi and Neymar, while Ronnie was actually lifting up the whole team, not only himself.

BBZ8800

Not even the best player in his era. Henry>>>Ronaldinho.

Got overtaken by a 19 year old in 2007 too. Lmao

Henry:
CL:
2001: quarters
2002: -- group stage
2003: -- group stage
2004: quarters
2005: round of 16
2006: final
2007: round of 16 (psv)
2008: semis (Barcelona)
2009: champion
2010: semis

Now, check the pattern: Henry couldn't lift very, very strong Arsenal team (Invincibles) to anything more than progressing once past the quarters in his whole Arsenal career.
Ronnie lifted 6th placed Barcelona who hadn't won a CL for 14 years = into the best team in the world.

Henry needed someone else (the great team) to win a CL.
Ronaldinho lifted that team to the glory.

There is a reason why Henry has never won Ballon D or.
Disasterclass in key European KO matches.

** Give me some more hints, what does Reddit or those sources which you are reading say?
Who else is a great player, Neymar, Henry...? ;)

And dude, something is seriously wrong with you.
How can you not love Ronaldinho, lol?

snowy

A look at the family crest coat of arms shows Granpa Pele and Mamacita Donna sitting way atop on the throne

Godfather Dinho playing keepy uppies with GOAT

Ney as the Prodigal baby who took the baton from Neo but lost it at a poker game :lol:

Big Kahuna Zlatan sums it all up

JohnN

I will agree with the boomer (a.k.a. BBZ) as far as Ronnie vs Neymar. But saying Messi won 1 out of 10, like Argentina would even be close to a final without Messi is just bitterness.

BBZ8800

Big Kahuna Zlatan sums it all up

This is true.
As Zlatan said: Ronaldinho is more concrete.

Neymar wasted his career on showboating and producing Youtube clips with backwards dribbles and rainbow flicks.

Ronaldinho passed the ball to a teammate who would score.
While Neymar would dwell too much, asking for a foul, lying on the ground for 4 minutes and fighting with a guy who fouled him (even though he asked him to).
Neymar in 2015 is a player close to Ronaldinho's level = world class, smart, direct, effective.
Neymar in all other years except in 2015 cannot be compared to Ronnie and is to some extent a wasted talent (on ballhogging and showboating on a field).

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Yea, Ney ney really doesn't have a brain to back all that talent. Real shame cus he's nearing 30 and STILL hasn't left a mark on the game, really thought after 2015/16 season it was a matter of time before he challenged (and won) the Ballon D'or, but here we are 5 years later and still hasn't cemented his legacy.

Messigician

Henry:
CL:
2001: quarters
2002: -- group stage
2003: -- group stage
2004: quarters
2005: round of 16
2006: final
2007: round of 16 (psv)
2008: semis (Barcelona)
2009: champion
2010: semis

Now, check the pattern: Henry couldn't lift very, very strong Arsenal team (Invincibles) to anything more than progressing once past the quarters in his whole Arsenal career.
Ronnie lifted 6th placed Barcelona who hadn't won a CL for 14 years = into the best team in the world.

Henry needed someone else (the great team) to win a CL.
Ronaldinho lifted that team to the glory.

There is a reason why Henry has never won Ballon D or.
Disasterclass in key European KO matches.

** Give me some more hints, what does Reddit or those sources which you are reading say?
Who else is a great player, Neymar, Henry...? ;)

And dude, something is seriously wrong with you.
How can you not love Ronaldinho, lol?

Henry has w on ballon dor tho

BBZ8800

Henry has w on ballon dor tho

No

1998 Zidane
1999 Rivaldo
2000 Figo
2001 Owen
2002 Ronaldo 9
2003 Nedved
2004 Schevchenko
2005 Ronaldinho
2006 Cannavaro
2007 Kaka
2008 Cr7
2009 Messi
2010 Messi
2011 Messi
2012 Messi
2013 Cr7 etc

Henry lost it even in years without World cups and Euros to Owen in 2001 and Nedved 2003.

There is a reason for that.

Henry is another domestic league merchants who couldn't do anything against European big boys in CL Ko matches.

Ronnie was one of the rare guys who could have taken the team on his shoulders and turn them into winners, due to his playingstyle where he wasn't lifting only himself but the whole team.

Last edited:

Catta

Henry was robbed in 2003, tell me just one reason why Nedved deserved it more. Can't believe you are shitting one of the best players of his generation, just to make Ronnie look better. The only player in history alongside Messi to have 20+ goals and 20+ assists in a single league season.

He almost won he 2005 CL, with a player down for almost the whole game. Ronnie was nothing special against Arsenal, Eto'o and Larsson were the guys who lifted the team.

Laplacian

Henry was robbed in 2003, tell me just one reason why Nedved deserved it more. Can't believe you are shitting one of the best players of his generation, just to make Ronnie look better. The only player in history alongside Messi to have 20+ goals and 20+ assists in a single league season.

He almost won he 2005 CL, with a player down for almost the whole game. Ronnie was nothing special against Arsenal, Eto'o and Larsson were the guys who lifted the team.

You really expect a valid answer from the nostalgia merchant? The boomer no longer remembers any of the individual performances, he just associates team accolades with player achievements. It's a decent strategy cause no one is actually going to go back and watch these games just to check if Ronaldinho [or insert nostalgia player] was the monster he really was or just had a really good PR team.

Based on how people treat Henry and Ronaldinho, you'd think Ronaldinho was way clear of the former. Henry>>>Ronaldinho.

Home of Barca Fans