Neymar vs Ronaldinho

Neymar vs Ronaldinho

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BBZ8800

1. Ronaldinho, a guy who "created" the current Barca, a team which dominated for the next 10 years
2. Neymar, one of the reasons of Barca's fall and ending their domination after 10 years

It's quite rude to compare Ronaldinho and Neymar...

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
1. Ronaldinho, a guy who "created" the current Barca, a team which dominated for the next 10 years
2. Neymar, one of the reasons of Barca's fall and ending their domination after 10 years

Well comparing Ronnie, a legend despite his flaws, to Neymar, who's sort of a spoiled brat is wrong in many levels, definitely..... But saying Neymar is one of the reasons for Barca's fall is pushing it man

The reason for Barca's fall is poor planning and pushing for shirt-sales signings (Looking at Cesc Fabregas, Arda Turan, etc) ala Perez v1.0! And of course, the inevitable end of an era too (departure of Xavi - the greatest among-st the mortals and the ageing of Iniesta) which is no body's fault!!

BBZ8800

I did not know that 7 trophies in 2 seasons is a fucking fall.

Wait for a total number of trophies when Neymar's Barca career will finish.

Also, instead of counting numerous copas and supercups, in this moment he has quite huge chances to end his Barca's career with 1 Cl trophy in 5 or 6 seasons here.

Of course, he is not the main reason.
Messi getting older, the whole era coming to an end, all core players getting older, poor transfers by our board, loss of motivation for all team etc.

But still imo, if we went for some other player in 2013, who's name was not Neymar and who could have offered more consistency, more motivation, more energy and cost us less than 300M, imo, we would stay on top for a little longer and imo, we would win at last 2 CLs from 2013 to 2018.

About "our fall", I wanted to say: our era where we were BY FAR the best team in the world=is over.
Since 2006 till 2015, club football was:
Barcelona
Real, Bayern
All other clubs

Today it is:
Real/Bayern/Barca
Atletico
All other teams

Plus, this could easily turn soon into:
Real
Barca/Bayern
All other teams

-- so, we are slowly coming back to "mortals".
For 10 years, we were football Gods.
Now, we are returning to pre-Ronaldinho era, like 90s with Dream team, R9, Rivaldo, Figo etc, when we were always a top team, one out of 3-4-5 best teams in Europe, but we couldn't say that we were an absolute no1 or better by far than all other clubs.

4 key players for our 10 years godlike-era were Ronaldinho, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi.
Ronaldinho is gone, Xavi is gone, Iniesta is at the end, Messi is at his final years and past his prime, so this was inevitable.
New guys who should have kept us at godlike level are either okish (Suarez) or not good enough for that level (yes, Neymar).

In my eyes, Neymar will probably end like Kluivert, Saviola and similar (in my eyes), an extremely expensive player who was supposed to be the next big thing and who had some good seasons and good games, but in the end he failed to deliver.
People will reply that Neymar won a CL unlike Kluivert, Saviola and other guys.
Well, imo, Neymar played with Messi, and even though Neymar was good in 2015, imo even Kluivert and Saviola would have won at least 1 CL if they had a magician Messi along them for 4-5-6 years.
Messi would turn even Kluivert into a CL winning striker.

Over time Neymar will probably end much closer to Robinho than to Ronnie, Rivaldo and other famous guys.

Last edited:

serghei

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION], I think you are exaggerating. Neymar is just about the best LW in the world and Suarez is just about the best no9 in the world. How are they not good enough to keep us at no1 when everybody talks about MSN being the best trio ever assembled? This doesn't add up.

We have had some form issues lately, sure, and now more and more people argue our quality which is too much for me to handle. I still remember people were saying Madrid will beat us badly in the clasico and they barely got a point in min. 93. Outside a period of bad form, a drop in motivation (which probably caused our bad form), some bad calls from Lucho tactically, and the loss of Alves which is more problematic than it seemed at the time, there isn't anything wrong with us. We are still the best team in the world when we play at our best. The Alves situation is probably the only one that can't be fixed, the rest can surely get better, and have nothing to do with the quality of the squad. We have the best team in the world, with Madrid close 2nd. Madrid has the best squad probably.

Last edited:

LeeRomeno

Also, instead of counting numerous copas and supercups, in this moment he has quite huge chances to end his Barca's career with 1 Cl trophy in 5 or 6 seasons here.

Its not like Ronaldinho won more...
But of course at current stage he has been more influential than Neymar, mainly due to the backstory as Ronaldinho signed for club in trouble, while Neymar for club in its prime.

Neymessi

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And then in the neymar thread you say that neymar defenders are biased and that you all give valid criticism on him.

For someone who writes essays on here all the time, its surprising how wrong he can be.

Messi isn't past his prime at all. The usual standards of time don't apply to him. He was a total beast at 20 and should have many more seasons in a class of his own.

El Flaco

Nostalgia aside, it's safe to say Neymar har surpassed Ronaldinho as the better player.

Never thought it would happen.

KingLeo10

Nostalgia aside, it's safe to say Neymar har surpassed Ronaldinho as the better player.

Never thought it would happen.

:lol::lol: On which metric?

I've yet to see Neymar give me a CL performance as THE MAIN MAN like R10 v teams of the caliber of those Chelsea and Milan sides of the 2000s

He's close to R10 career wise but surpass? Nah.

Jadentheman

Career wise in terms of record-breaking stats and quantity of silverware, Neymar yes. Effective skills, entertainment and quality of performances during their prime, Ronaldinho no contest.

Messigician

Wait for a total number of trophies when Neymar's Barca career will finish.

Of course, he is not the main reason.
Messi getting older, the whole era coming to an end, all core players getting older, poor transfers by our board, loss of motivation for all team etc.

But still imo, if we went for some other player in 2013, who's name was not Neymar and who could have offered more consistency, more motivation, more energy and cost us less than 300M, imo, we would stay on top for a little longer and imo, we would win at last 2 CLs from 2013 to 2018.

About "our fall", I wanted to say: our era where we were BY FAR the best team in the world=is over.
Since 2006 till 2015, club football was:
Barcelona
Real, Bayern
All other clubs

Today it is:
Real/Bayern/Barca
Atletico
All other teams

Plus, this could easily turn soon into:
Real
Barca/Bayern
All other teams

-- so, we are slowly coming back to "mortals".
For 10 years, we were football Gods.
Now, we are returning to pre-Ronaldinho era, like 90s with Dream team, R9, Rivaldo, Figo etc, when we were always a top team, one out of 3-4-5 best teams in Europe, but we couldn't say that we were an absolute no1 or better by far than all other clubs.

4 key players for our 10 years godlike-era were Ronaldinho, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi.
Ronaldinho is gone, Xavi is gone, Iniesta is at the end, Messi is at his final years and past his prime, so this was inevitable.
New guys who should have kept us at godlike level are either okish (Suarez) or not good enough for that level (yes, Neymar).

In my eyes, Neymar will probably end like Kluivert, Saviola and similar (in my eyes), an extremely expensive player who was supposed to be the next big thing and who had some good seasons and good games, but in the end he failed to deliver.
People will reply that Neymar won a CL unlike Kluivert, Saviola and other guys.
Well, imo, Neymar played with Messi, and even though Neymar was good in 2015, imo even Kluivert and Saviola would have won at least 1 CL if they had a magician Messi along them for 4-5-6 years.
Messi would turn even Kluivert into a CL winning striker.

Over time Neymar will probably end much closer to Robinho than to Ronnie, Rivaldo and other famous guys.

Facts brother, you should have been our president would have avoided these shit transfers

Last edited:

JohnN

Facts brother, you should have been our president woukd have avoided these shit transfers

For a man advocating lately that Messi is no good for cl, he surely paints a different picture in this older post, claiming Messi would turn any striker into a cl winning one.

Home of Barca Fans