Premier League 2016/17

Who will win the Premier League 2016/17?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MVBarcaFan

I posted this in Cafe Catalonia, but no luck with responses. Slightly OT:

Question:

I'm contemplating a trip to England with my wife for Leicester v. West Ham and West Ham v. United in late December and early January respectively. The matches are back to back. We'd be coming from the States. Can anyone give me an idea as to how much these trips cost? Flights, hotel, match tickets, and some sight seeing around London.

Thanks in advance.

BenRobbins

Question:

I'm contemplating a trip to England with my wife for Leicester v. West Ham and West Ham v. United in late December and early January respectively. The matches are back to back. We'd be coming from the States. Can anyone give me an idea as to how much these trips cost? Flights, hotel, match tickets, and some sight seeing around London.

Thanks in advance.

I am not from london or a leicester/west ham fan so can only guess but i imagine the match tickets would be around the 40/50 mark each and staying in a hotel on game day would be around 100 a night? Not sure about flights or anything but Leicester is around 2 and a half hours away from london so take that into account when planning.

Apparently the new Olympic Stadium (West hams new ground) is very impressive. A mate finished a 10k run in their on sunday and really wants to go to back their for a game.

BarcaOG

Banned
They usually get wrecked by them.. This year it's 5 years since they got ***** 8-2 on Old Trafford back in 2011.. :D

its so frustrating. for years arsenal was actually my favourite BPL team but after lasts season's yet again disappointing results (especially the loss to man U's B squad) and Wenger's unrepentant brand of cowardly managing, i am done with them. i feel for actual gooners. arsenal always disappoints.

Nucky

its so frustrating. for years arsenal was actually my favourite BPL team but after lasts season's yet again disappointing results (especially the loss to man U's B squad) and Wenger's unrepentant brand of cowardly managing, i am done with them. i feel for actual gooners. arsenal always disappoints.

And it will remain the same till they are stuck with Wenger.. He still lives in 2004..

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End

Question:

Thanks in advance.

Hey I will give you as much detail as I can.

Price of flights from the states vary. I was looking to go to New York during November at the prices quoted were around the £600-700 price range so for two people that is almost £1500. At that time of the year it will be quite expensive especially around Christmas.

Personally I don't think you will stand much chance of getting a ticket for those games as Leicester will be packed and West Ham vs United will be a Category A game so unless you pay the expensive hospitality seats then aim lower. Look into games in the Football League Championship as you'll stand a better chance. Tickets in the championship don't cost more than £30-35 per person.

Prices of hotels vary on where you want to stay in a B&B or a 3* or 4* hotel. If you stay at a Premier Inn or a Travelodge with is a B&B then costs range from £60 per night to £100 per night. But double that if staying in central London. Treble that if West London.

Sight seeing in London is easy. Buy a travel card or oyster card for the days you are over here and you can get the tube and bus to anywhere in London. Museums etc aren't that expensive.

But yes I would say getting a premier league ticket will be very hard. Although Everton is always space at their home games.

Pablo Escobar

Well, West Ham will play on the Olympic, so there's a good chance you'll find tickets at least there on a 60k stadium considering they're used to Boleyn which is virtually half the size.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Looking forward to this season. Conte knows what he's doing, and it's going to be hella interesting to see Chelsea playing something other than a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 formation that has been the staple of the club for over 10 years. 4-2-4? Bring it on!

As for our chances I don't know if we can win, but I think we can push. I reckon we should go hard for the win, take advantage of our situation of no European football.

I don't think United will do that well tbh.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Yeah, with the flexibility of the 2 widemen going back to make a 4-4-2, as well as a 2-4-4 if we're heavily attacking using the fullbacks. Conte wants to play a 2 striker system. Kante and whoever is partnering him in the middle will have to do real well for it to work. I guess Willians workrate and willingness to defend can also see him drop back more centrally if need be as well I'd assume.

I'm guessing we'll more often start off as 4-4-2 and be 4-2-4 attacking.

Trickykid

Considering how laughably bad Chelski were last season, Conte can only be an improvement... I obviously hope he flunks bigtime, though, so that Chelsea will stay the laughing stock of Europe.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I think we'll make top 4, but a title win after such a disaster season seems unlikely since other teams are strengthening pretty well too. That said, stranger things have happened, like Leicester winning the damn title. :lol: Good on them.

Trickykid

I think we'll make top 4, but a title win after such a disaster season seems unlikely since other teams are strengthening pretty well too. That said, stranger things have happened, like Leicester winning the damn title. :lol: Good on them.

Do you reckon that Conte will play both Kanté and Matic? I know he was disastrous last season, but I can't imagine you guys offloading a player like him.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I believe Matic will stay. I couldn't tell you right now who he plans to partner Kante, I think Fabregas would be a suicidal choice against any good team due to his lack of defensive anything. I'm curious if he's keen to try Oscar there, he works pretty hard, isn't too bad in the tackle and is creative enough to be effective. He's lightweight though, and in 4-2-4 that could be a problem too.

Trickykid

I believe Matic will stay. I couldn't tell you right now who he plans to partner Kante, I think Fabregas would be a suicidal choice against any good team due to his lack of defensive anything. I'm curious if he's keen to try Oscar there, he works pretty hard, isn't too bad in the tackle and is creative enough to be effective. He's lightweight though, and in 4-2-4 that could be a problem too.

I can't imagine he'll start his life in the EPL playing 4-2-4. A more pragmatic 3-5-2 seems like the obvious choice, meaning he could play Matic, Kanté and Fab together.

Edit: just saw that interview with Oscar, where he reveals they're training 4-2-4. Pretty damn bold. I guess that means there won't be room for those three together. Unless he's absolutely suicidal, there can't be room for Fab in midfield, but Kanté and Matic makes perfect sense together in that formation.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans