New 2022-2023 Barca kits

JerseyAddict

A bit off topic, but IMO Adidas has been murdering Nike in the last decade or so. Way better jerseys (both in quality and design), more stylish shoes, better almost everything. I have also noticed a massive shift here in the States with most youth and young adults preferring Adidas shoes than Nike.

I agree 101%

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I initially thought people were being sarcastic too. No way I'm buying that. Nike needs to hire better jersey designers... or is that up to the individual clubs?

Nike typically suggest a few designs, but the club decide which one to go for I believe.

This kit was obviously approved last year though. I think they are approved a year or two in advance.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I was not being sarcastic, I like the concept and look forward to seeing the final product, hopefully even better. I like designs with elements of the local city like this.

Honestly, it is hard to come up with a blue and red stripe design every year without making changes that will piss off some fans. Differentiation is what sells, otherwise fans have little incentives to buy the new season's jerseys with essentially the same design every year.

DonAK

I was not being sarcastic, I like the concept and look forward to seeing the final product, hopefully even better. I like designs with elements of the local city like this.

Honestly, it is hard to come up with a blue and red stripe design every year without making changes that will piss off some fans. Differentiation is what sells, otherwise fans have little incentives to buy the new season's jerseys with essentially the same design every year.

While I agree with you, I would have loved to see the other designs.

I hope this board acutally follows up on letting the members decide the final design, although I kinda doubt it. Not sure Nike will approve.

DonAK

Also, there's so many crazy good designs made by fans. Who knows if they are practical, but they look so good on paper.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
To me Adidas' jerseys (official jerseys, training jerseys and jackets etc.) are generally lighter, easier on the skin and feel better ventilation-wise, but I can't say their designs are that great. The location of the three stripes is a constant hindrance, they are either on the shoulder or on the torso/side panel, and they have too many clubs' jerseys based on some basic template with the same overall design, just different colors and adding a club badge.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
While I agree with you, I would have loved to see the other designs.

I hope this board acutally follows up on letting the members decide the final design, although I kinda doubt it. Not sure Nike will approve.

I doubt it too, some mid-size and smaller clubs have done that with limited commercial success, I read.

serghei

I wonder when is good old elegant minimalism gonna reach those Nike dudes. Our shirts are starting to look so over-embellished they look like kids jerseys. Might as well come with a spider-man inspired one next, blue and red right?

KingLeo10

I wonder when is good old elegant minimalism gonna reach those Nike dudes. Our shirts are starting to look so over-embellished they look like kids jerseys. Might as well come with a spider-man inspired one next, blue and red right?

Might help MATS make some saves.

Andresito

Staff member
I'd have liked an option to add a print on the back to those vintage kits.

They really should re-release 08/09 and 10/11 kits. I only have the away kit of 10/11 with Xavi print from those two years. A 08/09 Puyol would've been awesome.

Home of Barca Fans