2006 Champions League Final: Barca - Arsenal

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Today is exactly a decade since Barca won their 2nd Champions League title.

[tw]732456835848896512[/tw]

Valdes, Puyol, Márquez, Deco, Iniesta, Larsson, Eto'o, Ronaldinho... Belletti winner..

[tw]732414777348227073[/tw]

Great memories. :)

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
How time flies, been a cule for over 10 years in that case, fell in love with this club watching that season without even realising it and found myself cheering for Barca in that CL final :barcascarf:

Andrew M

Iniesta and Larsson off the bench were great. I wish we had such game changers these days! Our first team is better, though tbf. However, I'm sure some would contest that point

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Worth mentioning that Xavi and Messi were injured and didn't play the Final. And yeah, Messi was already very good back then and would have played 100% if fit .

khaled_a_d

Worth mentioning that Xavi and Messi were injured and didn't play the Final. And yeah, Messi was already very good back then and would have played 100% if fit .

tbh,I think Xavi injury helped us back then .the duo of MVB & Deco along Edmilson was very strong and physical presence that was really suited to our game back then

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
tbh,I think Xavi injury helped us back then .the duo of MVB & Deco along Edmilson was very strong and physical presence that was really suited to our game back then

Iniesta sub at ht was one of the game changers though. More play making ability was required in that match, especially against 10 men. It was essential to replace Edmilson with him.

El Flaco

[tw]732634375150567424[/tw]

FC Barcelona's twitter account will tonight tweet as it was exactly ten years ago.

MasChe

Heroes indeed! Maybe my favourite Barça final, probably first I watched too, and I still remember better than anything how I was in 4th grade on a 5 day school trip, and waited whole day for that Wednesday eve. And my teacher decided to take us on a after-diner walk, so I missed the first half, after that I ran in the hotel and turned tv on and saw Arsenal leading. That was shock. But in the 2nd half we wrote the history. I still have my yellow Messi jersey from that season (while all other local kids had Ronaldinho's). Later that summer brother's friend went to Barcelona and brought me CL win dedicated yellow flag with all players signature. But no Messi's.

Very emotional day and one I will never forget.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
[tw]732666522737369088[/tw]

[tw]732667975971430400[/tw]

[tw]732670811136368641[/tw]

[tw]732672060145602561[/tw]

Props to Barca official site for doing this.

Home of Barca Fans