All former Barcelona players that are still active in other clubs

Jurij

So, I have spent some hours today on making a list of former still active Barcelona players, both playing and coaching. Loans are also on the list. The biggest loss? Icardi bar none if you ask me - then Thiago. Seems to be doing really well in Inter, I hope he will come back and play for us again.

I hope some of you will check it out and that it can be useful for you. Years on the first team is included and LM stands for La Masia, meaning that they played for the B team or lower.

Also, I want to put it on a website that people can add too or something. As I still find former players to add. Maybe a good Barca site can host it? Because it needs to be implemented on a site and made accessible a stylish. :)

Choose the league on the bottom:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E6VCvreF3Wt23m0MgopMnisbQx-IKEv-m1o1jYGr0dI/edit?usp=sharing

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Nice list mate !

Icardi is definitely a loss but sometimes when I see his character and the pain in the ass he could be, I feel better about it.

J

Jamie Cal

Question - why does Denis count as La Masia but Halilovic doesn't? Surely neither of them are since they only played for the B team?

Also, Jon Toral is at Arsenal on loan to Birmingham, he's had a good season too.

Edit: Balde Keita at Lazio too.

Last edited:
Wow. Great work!
It'd be nice if we could get it to be a sticky thread. It can be updated every year, and I don't want it to get lost when the matches begin and people only comment on the players.

Messi983

Good work, Jurij. Tnx. :)

Nice list mate !

Icardi is definitely a loss but sometimes when I see his character and the pain in the ass he could be, I feel better about it.

If I remember correctly Icardi already had discipline problems during his time in La Masia and that's why we let him go. He was also sleeping with his teammate's wife and I don't want anyone like that in our team.

Not to say I don't think he's good enough to be our starting ST and he also wouldn't be willing to sit on the bench for so long. It's also a question how he'd develop had he stayed.

Jurij

Question - why does Denis count as La Masia but Halilovic doesn't? Surely neither of them are since they only played for the B team?

Also, Jon Toral is at Arsenal on loan to Birmingham, he's had a good season too.

Edit: Balde Keita at Lazio too.

Thanks. Added them!

LM stands for La Masia. If they have played a game for any La Masia team they will get the LM, so Halilovic got it too now.

This is just a list I made, but I want some site to upload it and update it every year. I don't want to say how the list should look like, I just made it because I wanted it to exist. So I just decided it should look like this right now. But I would gladly add information as birth year if someone asks me too and if I can add it easily without making the list seem weird. I think all names should links and stuff like that. But right now it is just a Google Sheet so this is what I can do in it. And I am not an expert on this.

Jurij

Wow. Great work!
It'd be nice if we could get it to be a sticky thread. It can be updated every year, and I don't want it to get lost when the matches begin and people only comment on the players.

Yes, that was my whole point. I don't care what site hosts it. I have asked the Reddit Barca group to host it but they have not replied yet. I just want it to be on a site where I and other people can update it and add information to it. It needs to have much more information like photos, birth year and stuff like that.

But, I don't want to decide how it is supposed to look like and what data should be on the list. That's for us all to decide.

Home of Barca Fans