Kalidou Koulibaly

TheStig

He doesn't have to support anything if he doesn't want to but most players (I would too) don't want the hassle and just wear it/kneel even if they know it's bullshit or they don't support it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Reports Napoli want 30-40m for him. De Laurentiis said that while they'd like him to stay they cannot force him to stick around. Will see what happens when the season ends. Also said that they're not really interested in any swap deals like for Pjanic, and said Barca have not contacted them for him and that we cannot afford him anyway :lol:

Barcilliant

But would you pay 50m for lewandowski over kounde[/

Our conversation was about Lewandowski and Ferran Torres. Please, do not try to distract it. Barca has sent it's very last offer to Bayern, which is what they previously asked for him - 50 mil. Now, that f...ing Muslim Salimhadjic is trying to play games with us by asking for 60 mil. That is not going to happen. Laports is not that dumb. If Bayern refuse to sell Lewndowski, he will join us next summer, as a free agent. Raphinha ( almost signed ), A.Fati and Aubameyang can get the job done.
As of Jules Kounde, Barcelona has great chance to get him in the next few hours. Sevilla wants to sign J.C.Toddibo. Barca owns 25% of his eventual transfer from Nice. They can forfeit that in order to reduce the transfer price of Kounde, which is around 35 mil. I am very hopeful that he will be our next signing, after Koulibaly has agreed to sign with Juventus.

Koulibaly to Juventus? Shit, again we picked the wrong player. Kounde is going to be a bust just like his other countrymen.

JamDav1982

Have to go for Kounde ahead of him.

Cant be signing too many old players for a couple years performances and having too many positions to fill when will have 40m less each season going forward.

gregorrin10

Koulibaly to Juventus? Shit, again we picked the wrong player. Kounde is going to be a bust just like his other countrymen.

Hopefully he rejects them, Napoli fans really hate Juve, and reacted really badly when Higuain left them. I can't imagine Koulibaly would do that to them and to himself, considering how much they love and respect him, and the other way around as well.

He still wants to leave for a new challenge, but I think out of respect for Napoli fans as well, he is looking for a move abroad. With Barca being his first choice. We could've tied up this deal for 30M weeks ago, if we weren't so focused on Kounde. :angry: De Laurentis is impossible to negotiate with otherwise, but even he stated weeks ago that for 30M Koulibaly can go.

Even bigger shame is that I think we will buy Kounde in the end for like 60M in installments, and Koulibaly will go to Chelsea for half that, and he'll tear it up there for at least 4-5 more years, while Kounde in that time just might become the same bust Lenglet has. Even worse, it might affect Araujo's development too, if Xavi decides to put him on LCB or even RB to accommodate Kounde in his preferred RCB spot. While Koulibaly (even though right footed) is used to playing LCB for years, just like Christensen, who will be a very welcome addition in any case.

gregorrin10

Have to go for Kounde ahead of him.

Cant be signing too many old players for a couple years performances and having too many positions to fill when will have 40m less each season going forward.

But in this case, choosing the old option would actually be the better choice, tactically and financially wise. Go for younger options in the full back area, where pace and having youthful energy actually matters a lot more than having experience and actually already being world class...instead of chasing the old Spanish Chelsea duo.

JamDav1982

But in this case, choosing the old option would actually be the better choice, tactically and financially wise. Go for younger options in the full back area, where pace and having youthful energy actually matters a lot more than having experience and actually already being world class...instead of chasing the old Spanish Chelsea duo.

Dont agree.

Koulibaly never been as impressive for me as others seem to find him and Kounde is younger, knows league and financially better deal as wont need replaced in 2/3 years assuming good enough.

Barcilliant

Hopefully he rejects them, Napoli fans really hate Juve, and reacted really badly when Higuain left them. I can't imagine Koulibaly would do that to them and to himself, considering how much they love and respect him, and the other way around as well.

He still wants to leave for a new challenge, but I think out of respect for Napoli fans as well, he is looking for a move abroad. With Barca being his first choice. We could've tied up this deal for 30M weeks ago, if we weren't so focused on Kounde. :angry: De Laurentis is impossible to negotiate with otherwise, but even he stated weeks ago that for 30M Koulibaly can go.

Even bigger shame is that I think we will buy Kounde in the end for like 60M in installments, and Koulibaly will go to Chelsea for half that, and he'll tear it up there for at least 4-5 more years, while Kounde in that time just might become the same bust Lenglet has. Even worse, it might affect Araujo's development too, if Xavi decides to put him on LCB or even RB to accommodate Kounde in his preferred RCB spot. While Koulibaly (even though right footed) is used to playing LCB for years, just like Christensen, who will be a very welcome addition in any case.

THIS. Brilliant.

Temptation

Fantastic post

Barcilliant

Dont agree.

Koulibaly never been as impressive for me as others seem to find him and Kounde is younger, knows league and financially better deal as wont need replaced in 2/3 years assuming good enough.

I'd rather have a great three years from Koulibaly than a mediocre five years from Kounde. Lenglen looked good for Sevilla too and look how he turned out.

JamDav1982

I'd rather have a great three years from Koulibaly than a mediocre five years from Kounde. Lenglen looked good for Sevilla too and look how he turned out.

Rather have good seasons from Kounde and better financial deal than paying big money for Kouilbaly when already got ageing squad that will need to be replaced.

Works both ways depending on how see the players.

Home of Barca Fans