Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

Porque

Completely agree, think iniestaGOAT has missed your points entirely. Unless I am lol. Pep couldn't care less about moulding Garcia because he knows he can get the next talent that comes through (of which there will be plenty, and no worse than Garcia).

Bingo. Pep has the money to consistently replace anyone with anyone, season after season. That will change your perception and how you react to people leaving.

Plus it seems he kind of enjoys getting almost world class (or not considered world class by the world media at the time like Bernardo) and taking them to the next level.

Bobo32

This isn't Peps thread but please list a few of his quotes where you think he's lying?

I think it's that some of you find it very hard with nuance and on top of that that you don't understand the basics about how good decisions are made - if Pep is to get rid of a player, you want him to say that he's terrible or to say nothing at all, otherwise he's twofaced?

No he may very well be correct that Garcia is a crack player and a future captain for Barcelona while still not being worth to keep for City given the circumstance, there could be a million things. He is in love with Stones and probably Dias as well.
What he said about Koeman was correct in itself too, what I disliked was that he said it was right to keep him (although this is a no-brainer to say after the decision was made), the other stuff was just being mildly polite, and he could've added a lot more praise but he tellingly didn't.

Mateka

Indeed you are looney. Ake & Dias were bought after Garcia made it known he wasn't renewing

Firstly, I reject the word that you have used to address me. Garcia was 5th in line at City due to his ability. Nothing to do with who was brought in, when he said he wanted to leave.

Joan

Garcia is good. But was fifth in line at City at best.

He was. Doubt he'll do much better for us in the long run either. Just very slow and weak. But he's a sharp lad and is coming for free. There's that. Might prove useful while we're in a rebuild.

mc_lovin

He was. Doubt he'll do much better for us in the long run either. Just very slow and weak. But he's a sharp lad and is coming for free. There's that. Might prove useful while we're in a rebuild.

Yep, he looks composed. Very good transfer as long as he has to earn his position (unlike Roberto). Guess he will settle as a solid 3rd choice CB.

Joan

Yep, he looks composed. Very good transfer as long as he has to earn his position (unlike Roberto). Guess he will settle as a solid 3rd choice CB.

Yeah, I expect no fireworks. He'll have hard time pushing Araujo out of the squad if the latter stays fit. But it's good to have diversity and better quality.

Home of Barca Fans