Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

khaled_a_d

I didn't watch the game so I can't comment on his performance but man, that video is quite lame (not saying he had a lame game or anything) as the footage consists of mostly his side passes to the other CB and a few passes to the RW or RB on the right side, just one occasion that he was actually doing some DEFENDING.

Didn't watch the game either, but from those who watched it (and as Egyptian I know plenty of those) we played super defensive and barely tried to attack anyway

Makes sense, since our best striker pretended to be injured on order to play CL qualification yesterday. Local teams also refused to let any over age attacking players too.
Overall, it was easy walk for Spain defense from everything mentioned

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Didn't watch the game either, but from those who watched it (and as Egyptian I know plenty of those) we played super defensive and barely tried to attack anyway

Makes sense, since our best striker pretended to be injured on order to play CL qualification yesterday. Local teams also refused to let any over age attacking players too.

How did Pedri do, by the way? A game to forget?

Bobo32

Rather very pretentious than very predictable though!

khaled: I was pretty impressed by the way Egypt played - without too much respect, and they were not too far away from hurting Spain on the counters. Spain should've won with one or two goals of course, but I wonder if Egypt shouldn't have a good chance in the remaining games...

How did Pedri do, by the way? A game to forget?
He didn't watch the game! I did, and described him in his thread, together with a link to the video of his touches

Redbuck

What's the striker's name and which club does he play for ?

His 1v1 ability is quite weak.

Needs to add 10 kg if he wants to be a serious player. Right now he's the definition of a schoolboy twig. His arms are pathetic just look at Fuckin monster cbs in Pl vvd matip stones dias rudiger etc etc in the Pl. Look at varane and ramos, jimenez, upamecano. Pathetic

Lenglet 2

FinBarcelonafan

Needs to add 10 kg if he wants to be a serious player. Right now he's the definition of a schoolboy twig. His arms are pathetic just look at Fuckin monster cbs in Pl vvd matip stones dias rudiger etc etc in the Pl. Look at varane and ramos, jimenez, upamecano. Pathetic

Lenglet 2

Truth. Acceleration, top speed and strength all need to improve. I wonder why Barca never focus on making players as quick/strong? Then you end up with Garcias who could be great players if they would focus a bit mroe on their physical attributes.

mc_lovin

Truth. Acceleration, top speed and strength all need to improve. I wonder why Barca never focus on making players as quick/strong? Then you end up with Garcias who could be great players if they would focus a bit mroe on their physical attributes.

I am sure the club does, but there's useless mass and actual strength, acceleration and speed. The latter seems to be 90% genetics. I guess it's easier said than done for Garcia to add 10kg (which he definitely should though, he doesn't look like a CB).

Another topic: I watched the last 30 minutes of Spain-Australia and his long balls looked on point. Haven't seen much of that from him until yesterday.

With Laporta we seem to be more realistic about our player's performances though (see Lenglet rumors). So there's hope if Garcia is not it.

Last edited:

Messi983

With Laporta we seem to be more realistic about our player's performances though (see Lenglet rumors). So there's hope if Garcia is not it.

Are we really? He might be to foreign players (I know him wanting to renew Dumbele doesn't fit into that category although I know it's mostly from financial reasons) but he has strong La Masia bias imo. He thinks Mavericky could be an important player for the future and might push Koeman to play him even if he clearly doesn't rate him. Busi and Pique will still be starters next season. So if Garcia in 2-3 years will play on a similar level than Lenglet last season I think he'll keep him for longer than he should just because he's one of our own.

Zidane82

Why have we bought him if he has no pace ??

Today you NEED to have incredible pace if you are a defender or 10 plus years experience like the two Italian CBs

I am sure the club does, but there's useless mass and actual strength, acceleration and speed. The latter seems to be 90% genetics. I guess it's easier said than done for Garcia to add 10kg (which he definitely should though, he doesn't look like a CB).

Another topic: I watched the last 30 minutes of Spain-Australia and his long balls looked on point. Haven't seen much of that from him until yesterday.

I'm sure everyone will really appreciate his long balls when he gets his ankles broken regularly vs midtable players like it was when he played for pep

Porque

I'm sure everyone will really appreciate his long balls when he gets his ankles broken regularly vs midtable players like it was when he played for pep

200.gif

Home of Barca Fans