User Tag List

Page 90 of 110 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1636

Thread: 24 - Eric Garcia

  1. #1336
    Senior Member
    Neeraj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,793
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_lovin View Post
    That's just fairytale stuff. Most of them are at best Mingueza level. Finding the one in a thousand is incredibly hard.
    I think you might be underestimating talent out there, or severely over estimating Mingueza. I think it's the latter, but let's see how he performs this season. I like him and his attitude, but I just don't see him at this level of football. Let's hope I am wrong.
    f. Signatures must not slow down the forum (no gifs, maximum size 30kb and 700 wide x 200 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text (in english/catalan/castellano)

  2. #1337
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,868
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeraj View Post
    I think you might be underestimating talent out there, or severely over estimating Mingueza. I think it's the latter, but let's see how he performs this season. I like him and his attitude, but I just don't see him at this level of football. Let's hope I am wrong.
    Amuse me.. you have some names (not costing 40ME+)?

    In retrospect 2 things fucked us: a) Umtiti b) Lenglet, who apart from being a shitty defender (recently) is a terrible fit for Pique.

  3. #1338
    Senior Member
    Neeraj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,793
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_lovin View Post
    Amuse me.. you have some names (not costing 40ME+)?

    In retrospect 2 things fucked us: a) Umtiti b) Lenglet, who apart from being a shitty defender (recently) is a terrible fit for Pique.
    Well, that's the thing though. Whatever names you and I can come up with will obviously not be upcoming talent that scouts have to find, that's their entire job. Finding the next VVD - sure that's wishful thinking. But the point I'm making is that I don't see us invest enough on CB's, especially the kind of profile we need. I'm fine if we get some people and we fail, shit happens (like Umtiti). Or if we get 'good enough' CB that's not lighting the world on fire but is acceptable given the fiscal condition we are in. Araujo is a start yes, but I'm just done with the Lenglet, Garcia, Pique profile.

    (Not giving up on Garcia before he starts here, I definitely want to give him a chance and hope he does well. But on the face of it, not the right profile for us).

    Lenglet being a shit fit for Pique - that's my point. Wrong profile. If Lenglet was equally shit as a player overall but at least had complementary skills like pace and agility, he'd be more useful (or less of a liability) than he is now.
    f. Signatures must not slow down the forum (no gifs, maximum size 30kb and 700 wide x 200 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text (in english/catalan/castellano)

  4. #1339
    Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    156
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeraj View Post
    Well, that's the thing though. Whatever names you and I can come up with will obviously not be upcoming talent that scouts have to find, that's their entire job. Finding the next VVD - sure that's wishful thinking. But the point I'm making is that I don't see us invest enough on CB's, especially the kind of profile we need. I'm fine if we get some people and we fail, shit happens (like Umtiti). Or if we get 'good enough' CB that's not lighting the world on fire but is acceptable given the fiscal condition we are in. Araujo is a start yes, but I'm just done with the Lenglet, Garcia, Pique profile.

    (Not giving up on Garcia before he starts here, I definitely want to give him a chance and hope he does well. But on the face of it, not the right profile for us).

    Lenglet being a shit fit for Pique - that's my point. Wrong profile. If Lenglet was equally shit as a player overall but at least had complementary skills like pace and agility, he'd be more useful (or less of a liability) than he is now.
    Umtiti was not a shit signing - Umtiti was brilliant signing. Just that the lad decided to fuck us up by not going for surgery but instead opted to play the wc and screwed his own fitness levels. It's unprofessional yes, but I guess any/every footballer not named di Maria would do that!

  5. #1340
    Senior Member
    Neeraj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,793
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    Umtiti was not a shit signing - Umtiti was brilliant signing. Just that the lad decided to fuck us up by not going for surgery but instead opted to play the wc and screwed his own fitness levels. It's unprofessional yes, but I guess any/every footballer not named di Maria would do that!
    Yes that's what I meant. That it was a good signing but shit happened, lol. It was a good signing.
    f. Signatures must not slow down the forum (no gifs, maximum size 30kb and 700 wide x 200 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text (in english/catalan/castellano)

  6. #1341
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,490
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Till now at Olympic, he shows his good passing ability but pretty much nothing from his defending skill.

  7. #1342
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    4,452
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't watch Spain at the Euro, how were his performances?

  8. #1343
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,490
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if he is the main men of defense next season then it will be very very long season

  9. #1344
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    15,572
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vegitot View Post
    Well if he is the main men of defense next season then it will be very very long season
    At this point he is better than Lenglet/Pique. That's an improvement.

  10. #1345
    Senior Member
    Mateka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    1,154
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until he is allowed to sign, he must feel as if he is in no mans land.

  11. #1346
    Senior Member
    Andresito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8,973
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will most likely wear #24 when/if registered.

    The modern CB, lol

  12. #1347
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    13,362
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    Will most likely wear #24 when/if registered.

    The modern CB, lol
    Should take number 5 in a year

  13. #1348
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    15,572
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    Will most likely wear #24 when/if registered.

    The modern CB, lol
    Barca should look into their physical training programs. Probably out of date.

    Or take some tips from Araujo

    Maybe Umtiti could become trainer for Barca? Nice job.

  14. #1349
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Country: Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    Will most likely wear #24 when/if registered.

    The modern CB, lol
    This is sad. Thats our CB. A player like depay will eaat him alive

  15. #1350
    Senior Member
    Raketa10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    8,423
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iniestaGOAT View Post
    This is sad. Thats our CB. A player like depay will eaat him alive
    Thet's why we bought Depay!

Tags for this Thread