Page 90 of 110 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1636

Thread: 24 - Eric Garcia

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_lovin View Post
    That's just fairytale stuff. Most of them are at best Mingueza level. Finding the one in a thousand is incredibly hard.
    I think you might be underestimating talent out there, or severely over estimating Mingueza. I think it's the latter, but let's see how he performs this season. I like him and his attitude, but I just don't see him at this level of football. Let's hope I am wrong.
    f. Signatures must not slow down the forum (no gifs, maximum size 30kb and 700 wide x 200 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text (in english/catalan/castellano)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeraj View Post
    I think you might be underestimating talent out there, or severely over estimating Mingueza. I think it's the latter, but let's see how he performs this season. I like him and his attitude, but I just don't see him at this level of football. Let's hope I am wrong.
    Amuse me.. you have some names (not costing 40ME+)?

In retrospect 2 things fucked us: a) Umtiti b) Lenglet, who apart from being a shitty defender (recently) is a terrible fit for Pique.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_lovin View Post
    Amuse me.. you have some names (not costing 40ME+)?

In retrospect 2 things fucked us: a) Umtiti b) Lenglet, who apart from being a shitty defender (recently) is a terrible fit for Pique.
    Well, that's the thing though. Whatever names you and I can come up with will obviously not be upcoming talent that scouts have to find, that's their entire job. Finding the next VVD - sure that's wishful thinking. But the point I'm making is that I don't see us invest enough on CB's, especially the kind of profile we need. I'm fine if we get some people and we fail, shit happens (like Umtiti). Or if we get 'good enough' CB that's not lighting the world on fire but is acceptable given the fiscal condition we are in. Araujo is a start yes, but I'm just done with the Lenglet, Garcia, Pique profile.

(Not giving up on Garcia before he starts here, I definitely want to give him a chance and hope he does well. But on the face of it, not the right profile for us).

Lenglet being a shit fit for Pique - that's my point. Wrong profile. If Lenglet was equally shit as a player overall but at least had complementary skills like pace and agility, he'd be more useful (or less of a liability) than he is now.
    f. Signatures must not slow down the forum (no gifs, maximum size 30kb and 700 wide x 200 tall pixels for images OR 5 lines of text (in english/catalan/castellano)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeraj View Post
    Well, that's the thing though. Whatever names you and I can come up with will obviously not be upcoming talent that scouts have to find, that's their entire job. Finding the next VVD - sure that's wishful thinking. But the point I'm making is that I don't see us invest enough on CB's, especially the kind of profile we need. I'm fine if we get some people and we fail, shit happens (like Umtiti). Or if we get 'good enough' CB that's not lighting the world on fire but is acceptable given the fiscal condition we are in. Araujo is a start yes, but I'm just done with the Lenglet, Garcia, Pique profile.

(Not giving up on Garcia before he starts here, I definitely want to give him a chance and hope he does well. But on the face of it, not the right profile for us).

Lenglet being a shit fit for Pique - that's my point. Wrong profile. If Lenglet was equally shit as a player overall but at least had complementary skills like pace and agility, he'd be more useful (or less of a liability) than he is now.
    Umtiti was not a shit signing - Umtiti was brilliant signing. Just that the lad decided to fuck us up by not going for surgery but instead opted to play the wc and screwed his own fitness levels. It's unprofessional yes, but I guess any/every footballer not named di Maria would do that!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
    Umtiti was not a shit signing - Umtiti was brilliant signing. Just that the lad decided to fuck us up by not going for surgery but instead opted to play the wc and screwed his own fitness levels. It's unprofessional yes, but I guess any/every footballer not named di Maria would do that!
    Yes that's what I meant. That it was a good signing but shit happened, lol. It was a good signing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Till now at Olympic, he shows his good passing ability but pretty much nothing from his defending skill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't watch Spain at the Euro, how were his performances?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if he is the main men of defense next season then it will be very very long season

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vegitot View Post
    Well if he is the main men of defense next season then it will be very very long season
    At this point he is better than Lenglet/Pique. That's an improvement.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until he is allowed to sign, he must feel as if he is in no mans land.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will most likely wear #24 when/if registered.

The modern CB, lol

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post

The modern CB, lol
    Should take number 5 in a year

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The modern CB, lol
    Barca should look into their physical training programs. Probably out of date.

Or take some tips from Araujo

Maybe Umtiti could become trainer for Barca? Nice job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The modern CB, lol
    This is sad. Thats our CB. A player like depay will eaat him alive

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iniestaGOAT View Post
    This is sad. Thats our CB. A player like depay will eaat him alive
    Thet's why we bought Depay!