Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1342

Thread: Eric Garcia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobo32 View Post
    He played the full game vs Egypt today. Here is a video:

He impressed me: played simply, elegantly, with his head up, good timing and decisions and not overworking things. The pass at 0:53 is a good example.
    Seems like you've been really impressed with Eric's performances since the Euros.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He played the full game vs Egypt today. Here is a video:

He impressed me: played simply, elegantly, with his head up, good timing and decisions and not overworking things. The pass at 0:53 is a good example.
    He has his talents, no doubt. Pacey wingers and physical #9's will have their way with him.

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't watch the game so I can't comment on his performance but man, that video is quite lame (not saying he had a lame game or anything) as the footage consists of mostly his side passes to the other CB and a few passes to the RW or RB on the right side, just one occasion that he was actually doing some DEFENDING.
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    I didn't watch the game so I can't comment on his performance but man, that video is quite lame (not saying he had a lame game or anything) as the footage consists of mostly his side passes to the other CB and a few passes to the RW or RB on the right side, just one occasion that he was actually doing some DEFENDING.
    Well he played against Egypt U23...
    Not a big campaign movie for him of course, but it shows his passing being good although not spectacular maybe in this case.
    Maybe they could've focused a bit on his positioning when the ball wasn't close, I thought he looked solid there and overall, but I wasn't focusing on him so much.
    OO-OO-oo OO-OO-oo kveck-kveck

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well he played against Egypt U23...
    Not a big campaign movie for him of course, but it shows his passing being good although not spectacular maybe in this case.
    Maybe they could've focused a bit on his positioning when the ball wasn't close, I thought he looked solid there and overall, but I wasn't focusing on him so much.
    Could very well be the case. To me what I saw in that video he looked consistent with what he showed at the Euro: Passing-wise, easy and safe passes he can do well certainly but he doesn't take a lot of risks (compared to say Laporte), he'd rather just pass it to the other CB most of the time. He did look composed but I wanted to see how he defends more.
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could very well be the case. To me what I saw in that video he looked consistent with what he showed at the Euro: Passing-wise, easy and safe passes he can do well certainly but he doesn't take a lot of risks (compared to say Laporte), he'd rather just pass it to the other CB most of the time. He did look composed but I wanted to see how he defends more.
    I don't want to sound too pretentious here but it is in the way he passes it to the other CB, and also to the midfielders and his RB.
    I agree he doesn't seem to take risks, and I like that. It's great to have someone like Marquez, but I am very fine and maybe prefer the way Garcia does it there: always with his head up, passing on the right foot, not too early and not too late. If there are obvious pathways he sees them, as he has positioned himself correctly to have time on the ball.

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop sounding pretentious.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't watch the game either, but from those who watched it (and as Egyptian I know plenty of those) we played super defensive and barely tried to attack anyway

Makes sense, since our best striker pretended to be injured on order to play CL qualification yesterday. Local teams also refused to let any over age attacking players too.
    Overall, it was easy walk for Spain defense from everything mentioned

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    Didn't watch the game either, but from those who watched it (and as Egyptian I know plenty of those) we played super defensive and barely tried to attack anyway

Makes sense, since our best striker pretended to be injured on order to play CL qualification yesterday. Local teams also refused to let any over age attacking players too.
    How did Pedri do, by the way? A game to forget?
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rather very pretentious than very predictable though!

khaled: I was pretty impressed by the way Egypt played - without too much respect, and they were not too far away from hurting Spain on the counters. Spain should've won with one or two goals of course, but I wonder if Egypt shouldn't have a good chance in the remaining games...

How did Pedri do, by the way? A game to forget?
    He didn't watch the game! I did, and described him in his thread, together with a link to the video of his touches

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post

What's the striker's name and which club does he play for ?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He didn't watch the game! I did, and described him in his thread, together with a link to the video of his touches
    People don't trust you if you sound so pretentious.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbuck View Post
    What's the striker's name and which club does he play for ?
    Mostafa Mohamed. Playing for Galatasaray

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His 1v1 ability is quite weak.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vegitot View Post
    His 1v1 ability is quite weak.
    Needs to add 10 kg if he wants to be a serious player. Right now he's the definition of a schoolboy twig. His arms are pathetic just look at Fuckin monster cbs in Pl vvd matip stones dias rudiger etc etc in the Pl. Look at varane and ramos, jimenez, upamecano. Pathetic

Lenglet 2