Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

Messi983

Hopefully it's not true about being unhappy with the new offer. Don't footballers realise (especially young ones) if you play well enough and work hard enough then you'll be given a much bigger contract. Players want everything for nothing it seems. Probably just media bs though. (hope)

I don't disagree but imagine being in his position. You're offered 5m to return to play for your favorite home town club. You'd probably immediately accept that. But then a few months later things change and you'd only get 2,5m to do the same. I think you'd have second thoughts as well.

BTW, numbers are made up, I don't know how much he was supposed to earn according to his "pre-agreement" (which was probably just verbal) with previous board or how much lower our offer is right now but according to reports the difference between both is apparently pretty significant. Might not be 50% "pay cut", could easily be 30-40% though.

Rory

I don't disagree but imagine being in his position. You're offered 5m to return to play for your favorite home town club. You'd probably immediately accept that. But then a few months later things change and you'd only get 2,5m to do the same. I think you'd have second thoughts as well.

BTW, numbers are made up, I don't know how much he was supposed to earn according to his "pre-agreement" (which was probably just verbal) with previous board or how much lower our offer is right now but according to reports the difference between both is apparently pretty significant. Might not be 50% "pay cut", could easily be 30-40% though.

Even seeing it from his position is still wild to me. This is his dream job, since he was a kid I imagine. All whilst still being relatively well paid considering his experience and current level. If I was offered my dream job and it was well paid I'd probably never stop smiling. It's why I think it's probably a load of media BS. Failing that he needs a reality check

Andresito

Staff member
Even seeing it from his position is still wild to me. This is his dream job, since he was a kid I imagine. All whilst still being relatively well paid considering his experience and current level. If I was offered my dream job and it was well paid I'd probably never stop smiling. It's why I think it's probably a load of media BS. Failing that he needs a reality check

It's not the same though. Money aside, I think above all it's about how wanted he is.

Are we getting him because he's a good player because he's a good opportunity on the market?
I think it's very important for a player to feel wanted when choosing clubs, could be a personal call from the manager or like the Frenkie case where the highest ranked in the club personally flies out to persuade you.

Maybe he feels like we're taking him for granted. It's tough though, he's not a clear upgrade on what we have so it's hard to prioritize him when it comes to how we'll allocate the few Euros that we have this transfer market.

Rory

It's not the same though. Money aside, I think above all it's about how wanted he is.

Are we getting him because he's a good player because he's a good opportunity on the market?
I think it's very important for a player to feel wanted when choosing clubs, could be a personal call from the manager or like the Frenkie case where the highest ranked in the club personally flies out to persuade you.

Maybe he feels like we're taking him for granted. It's tough though, he's not a clear upgrade on what we have so it's hard to prioritize him when it comes to how we'll allocate the few Euros that we have this transfer market.

I think we're signing him because of potential, la masia and good opportunity. He's not currently a quality CB and he doesn't have the experience to prove otherwise. Man City's season looked to be going to absolute shit when he was regularly playing. I worry about signing someone who feels entitled to something they haven't earned. All he needs to do is put in a good season and he'd be given a much better contract.

It's good from the board to set the standards of entitlement right from the off and especially for returning La masia players. He did leave us originally tbf so he doesn't get to call the shots.

behindbrowneyes

The only 2 things he has going for him are:
- free agent
- current teamplayer of Spain.

Other than that he doesn't have much power to demand a high salary. Let's not forget that La Liga has reduced Barca's salary cap another time since Font (or are we talking about the Barto offer?) negotiated that offer. Don't know what Garcia and De La Pena were thinking.

Another thing to consider: We know that Barca needs to reduce costs. Now imagine someone like Garcia joins, gets a high salary because he was "free". What do you think a guy like Araujo and his agent will think when Garcia earns twice or even thrice of what Araujo is getting? A player that made his way through the B-team with similar experience on a senior level like Garcia. Won't get out of current financial situation if we're gonna pay average guys like Garcia the salary he thinks he deserves without having played a single minute for the club. We're not talking about the next De Ligt here.

vuji_31

I agree with behindbrowneyes.

He is not that good. He will end up us 4th option. Don't belive he is better then Mingueza,Pique and Araujo.
Why to pay someone just because he is free.

He went for money when he was 16, now again he is like golumn to ring.

He is average midget with 65 kg, he is bellow average at all physically stats.

I watched game against Alabania he was bad af.

Joan

Do you really think there are clubs out there offering him more than us? Plus he's coming home.

My money on him returning.

frostdude1

I agree with everyone in here saying that if he doesn?t like our new offer, he can go elsewhere. He should know that right now our club needs to make these offers for financial reasons. If he doesn?t like it, no thank you.

JerseyAddict

It is in some kind of stallmate... His isreconsidering new offer. Sport wrote weeks ago that he's ok with it.. but maybe someone is "filling his head".

Barcilliant

If he's interested in money he should stay at City or go to PSG.
Why is he fucking around? Everyone knows we are cash strapped.
A guy like Koeman the manager said pay me when you can and this guy is still haggling? GTFO.
I'm sure there's another Araujo or Mingueza out there.

mc_lovin

Nothing wrong with trying to get the best contract possible. If he overplays his hand he wont join, but he doesnt need to take our first offer.

Home of Barca Fans