Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

vegitot

Here is a guy that is 1,72 and 85kg: View attachment 9064

I'm close to 1dm lengthier than that guy, but not quite as strong.
I could still press lmao1Puig for 5 reps strictly overhead (if only the grip was good) but that doesn't make me a better or worse defender, just as it is for Garcia.

Post a video then :lol:

Now you compare youself to an athlete. How delude are you???

Garcia will need to improve his strength, physyque or else opponents will break his ankle left and right.

Sailor Mars

Here is a guy that is 1,72 and 85kg: View attachment 9064

I'm close to 1dm lengthier than that guy, but not quite as strong.
I could still press lmao1Puig for 5 reps strictly overhead (if only the grip was good) but that doesn't make me a better or worse defender, just as it is for Garcia.

I don't know if it applies to weightlifting, but I do know in powerlifting there were some really short guys with short limbs and they could put out monster lifts on the bench press and squat. Not so much on the deadlift.

Bobo32

I don't know if it applies to weightlifting, but I do know in powerlifting there were some really short guys with short limbs and they could put out monster lifts on the bench press and squat. Not so much on the deadlift.

That sort of build is good in olympic weightlifting as well it seems, but there are of course many other factors as well as exceptions. Weightlifting is much more complex than powerlifting, and football is infinitely more complex than weightlifting.
For a football player, many builds can work (almost any build to be correct), but if anything, being very short seems to be an advantage, with the only exception for keepers.

aragorn

One cantera product who flew off to Manchester and came back has now reduced his wages to help register another cantera product who also flew off to Manchester and came back! Both CB :thinking: :thinking::thinking:

xXKonan

E8zSY21WEAAesq2

Porque

Has Pique reduced his wages in order that Garcia can be signed? Or has Pique agreed for the same amount of money to be paid to him but over a longer period? Either way, it helps Garcia.

Reportedly both. Reduced and deferred.

So his wage this season will be very low and the deferred amount will be paid at the end of the contract, with no extension.

It's great PR for someone who has aspirations to be the club president. He comes out looking like a hero and the guy who saved Barcelona.

While indirectly he is also saying, if Messi wanted to stay then he could of done the same.

Mateka

Has Pique reduced his wages in order that Garcia can be signed? Or has Pique agreed for the same amount of money to be paid to him but over a longer period? Either way, it helps Garcia.

Are players willing to reduce for a Garcia, Depay or Aguero, who may be on a lesser salary, than to keep Messi?

Porque

Are players willing to reduce for a Garcia, Depay or Aguero, who may be on a lesser salary, than to keep Messi?

Depay. Eric Garcia and Rey Manaj.

It is not a case of Messi versus these guys. This trio has a yearly wage of 10m or less. Messi new contract would have been 50m.

So obviously Pique reduction was to get under the final few percent to get these signings over the line.

Signing Messi would have taken a monumental effort by everyone in the squad and also selling guys like Coutinho, Pjanic l, Umtiti who need to go and even Griezmann.

Also reportedly the Messi contract at Barcelona was a 50percent wage drop but also spread over twice the time or more. So he would still be earning the same.

While at PSG it is a straight wage drop and a 2+1 contract. Probably because he is receiving alot of money through other filters. Sign on fee reported between 25m and 100m and ambassador for World Cup 2022 already reported in media being discussed.

Hope this helps.

As for Aguero, he is injured and not registered yet. Presumebly we still need to reduce cap to register him.

Porque

What do you mean?
Didn't Messi agree to the max 50% wage drop?

Yes.

I'm only going by the reports over the past months, this could he incorrect and have a pro Barca spin. But they were consistent.

50percent wage drop with wages spread over 5-10 years. 2 years at Barcelona then 1-2 years at Miami with an club ambassador role after.

So the wage drop Messi said was true, but possibly wasn't the whole story.

Last edited:

Bobo32

Yes.

I'm only going by the reports over the past months, this could he incorrect and have a pro Barca spin. But they were consistent.

50percent wage drop with wages spread over 5-10 years. 2 years at Barcelona then 1-2 years at Miami with an club ambassador role after.

So the wage drop Messi said was true, but possibly wasn't the whole story.

But I still don't understand your point?
Pique reduced his wage (I don't know if it was by the maximum 50%)
Everybody knows Messi was willing to reduce his wage 50%, the deal was going to be signed when he arrived and was told he couldn't be registered anyway.

Do you mean that Messi could've done more? What is it that Pique is indirectly saying?

edit: oh your point is that he would get some of the money later instead, when the league isn't trying to hinder Barcelona as much
Would this be in any way negative? The players are evil because they want at least some of the money they've agreed on, even if they "loan it out" to the club for some years?
Nah, of course the club is morally obliged to try to fix something like that, especially for players like Pique and Messi

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans