Page 83 of 90 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1342

Thread: Eric Garcia

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Pep is like some weird religion where criticising something with him is absolutely impossible for some. It's unbelievable the cherry picking from what pep has said or done/the players he's backed. He's blown hundreds of millions on players who aren't good enough. Similarly he's brought through talents worth hundreds of millions. Both things are true.

Pep does not believe Garcia is going to be exceptional otherwise he would have absolutely made sure city keep him. "But barca is Eric's dream", yeah if Pep said please stay I absolutely want to mould you into the best defender in the world oh and btw here's 8m a season, way more than you'll earn at barca. Garcia would be staying at city.
    I dont know. Pep is playing a different game to the rest of football at City.

Losing Garcia means getting another new toy to mould and experiment with. Losing even De Bruyne gets him his next shiny attacking thing.

It's like in FM when you edit in an unlimited budget and check the data for the new regens with 170+ potential.

You don't care about selling your current player because you got the next one with potential to make something out of.

I imagine Pep at City is like that so he doesn't really care who goes, thus having nothing but good things to say.

It's not like being at Barcelona where if Chygrinskiy fails we don't really have the budget to replace him with anyone on a whim.
    FCB11

----Long ball to Martens----
    Pass left to Martens-Pass forward to Martens-Left foot to Martens
    Pass back to Martens-------------------------------Cut back to Martens
    ----Through Ball to Martens -----
    ---Ignore shot and pass to Martens---Backheel to Martens---
    ----I am Martens----1-2 with Martens----

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Porque View Post

Losing Garcia means getting another new toy to mould and experiment with. Losing even De Bruyne gets him his next shiny attacking thing.

It's like in FM when you edit in an unlimited budget and check the data for the new regens with 170+ potential.

You don't care about selling your current player because you got the next one with potential to make something out of.

I imagine Pep at City is like that so he doesn't really care who goes, thus having nothing but good things to say.

It's not like being at Barcelona where if Chygrinskiy fails we don't really have the budget to replace him with anyone on a whim.
    Thats some weird fantasy post you got there buddy. Losing garcia is not like losing foden or de bryune. Garcia was shambolic when he got consistent playing time.

This is just pep praising a barca boy ( and his ex teammate koeman)

Like when pep said he would love 1000 Dantes, all for show, he didnt get any minutes.

This is completely untrue. Pep could have got anybody he wanted during those days in CB. He threw too many bitch fits when he did not get the transfer he wanted. Lapoprta even got rid of eto, his favorite, after 2 years of peps whining. What a mistake that was.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Porque View Post

Completely agree, think iniestaGOAT has missed your points entirely. Unless I am lol. Pep couldn't care less about moulding Garcia because he knows he can get the next talent that comes through (of which there will be plenty, and no worse than Garcia).

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Pep said it's sunny, you'd better have your umbrella ready

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Completely agree, think iniestaGOAT has missed your points entirely. Unless I am lol. Pep couldn't care less about moulding Garcia because he knows he can get the next talent that comes through (of which there will be plenty, and no worse than Garcia).
    Bingo. Pep has the money to consistently replace anyone with anyone, season after season. That will change your perception and how you react to people leaving.

Plus it seems he kind of enjoys getting almost world class (or not considered world class by the world media at the time like Bernardo) and taking them to the next level.
    FCB11

----Long ball to Martens----
    Pass left to Martens-Pass forward to Martens-Left foot to Martens
    Pass back to Martens-------------------------------Cut back to Martens
    ----Through Ball to Martens -----
    ---Ignore shot and pass to Martens---Backheel to Martens---
    ----I am Martens----1-2 with Martens----

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't Peps thread but please list a few of his quotes where you think he's lying?

I think it's that some of you find it very hard with nuance and on top of that that you don't understand the basics about how good decisions are made - if Pep is to get rid of a player, you want him to say that he's terrible or to say nothing at all, otherwise he's twofaced?

No he may very well be correct that Garcia is a crack player and a future captain for Barcelona while still not being worth to keep for City given the circumstance, there could be a million things. He is in love with Stones and probably Dias as well.
    What he said about Koeman was correct in itself too, what I disliked was that he said it was right to keep him (although this is a no-brainer to say after the decision was made), the other stuff was just being mildly polite, and he could've added a lot more praise but he tellingly didn't.
    OO-OO-oo OO-OO-oo kveck-kveck

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pep lies or exaggerates all the time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s starting with Laporte.

Let’s see how he does.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Garcia is good. But was fifth in line at City at best.

Mike the Knife
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateka View Post
    Indeed you are looney. Ake & Dias were bought after Garcia made it known he wasn't renewing
    Paolo Maldini - "In my opinion, Messi should win the Ballon D'Or each year. He's an unbelievable player."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCBarca View Post
    Indeed you are looney. Ake & Dias were bought after Garcia made it known he wasn't renewing
    Firstly, I reject the word that you have used to address me. Garcia was 5th in line at City due to his ability. Nothing to do with who was brought in, when he said he wanted to leave.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That discussion has already been recycled 50 times in here.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was. Doubt he'll do much better for us in the long run either. Just very slow and weak. But he's a sharp lad and is coming for free. There's that. Might prove useful while we're in a rebuild.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joan View Post
    He was. Doubt he'll do much better for us in the long run either. Just very slow and weak. But he's a sharp lad and is coming for free. There's that. Might prove useful while we're in a rebuild.
    Yep, he looks composed. Very good transfer as long as he has to earn his position (unlike Roberto). Guess he will settle as a solid 3rd choice CB.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_lovin View Post
    Yep, he looks composed. Very good transfer as long as he has to earn his position (unlike Roberto). Guess he will settle as a solid 3rd choice CB.
    Yeah, I expect no fireworks. He'll have hard time pushing Araujo out of the squad if the latter stays fit. But it's good to have diversity and better quality.