Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

Devils

He's lucky his contract is up because he's not going to get anywhere near that City line-up.

Even Laporte is 3rd choice at that club.

khaled_a_d

Total agreement reached between Barcelona and Eric Garc?a. The centre-back will sign his contract in the coming weeks and will be the first signing under President Laporta. [goal]

xXKonan

Thankfully our defensive woes are finally solved by signing Bartra's little brother.
pain.jpg

Devils

Damn.

People actually happy with this signing because he was praised by Pep and that he plays for Spain! He plays for Spain for the same reasons that bums like Paco/Morata/Rodrigo play for Spain.

La Roja have been DEAD for the last 8 years!

Messi983

A lot of infantile comments here that will definitely not age well

Seriously, what do you see in him to have such a blind faith he'll succeed here besides being a former La Masia player? I'm sure you'd criticize his signing if he'd be some random Brazilian called Garcinho who would be a 5th CB at City. :lol:

I don't think he'll ever be good enough to be anything more than a 3rd/4th CB option when we'll finally have a competitive team in hopefully a few years. He might actually be a "starter" next season but that will be just in absence of better options not because he'd truly deserve that.

That said, I'll give him a chance and would be happy to be proven wrong but I just don't see a modern day defender we need in him (he'd be great for Pep's team 10 years ago as was Pique though). Oscar is more likely to become that imo eventhough he's rashy and not as good on the ball. I don't want 5 CBs whose main strength are their passing skills, we need someone who can actually do his primary job (defending) well. Araujo is imo by far the best defender amongst our current CBs (and this won't change with Garcia's arrival) but he's still inexperienced and also injury prone which I'm affraid will prevent him to fully develop into what he could become.

If Garcia gets Pique out of the team, it will be a success already.

Only Pique can get himself out of the team.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Seriously, what do you see in him to have such a blind faith he'll succeed here besides being a former La Masia player? I'm sure you'd criticize his signing if he'd be some random Brazilian called Garcinho who would be a 5th CB at City. :lol:

What does a fan like myself think about the player? I'd first respond by saying what do the coaches who have had him as a player say? Pep? Lucho? Every single teammate & coach at La Masia? I have posted on Eric many times in this thread

Instead I'd counter what makes a keyboard warrior claiming to be a fan know more than our greatest coaches at Barca? Yes, I am sure you know something the rest of us don't :rolleyes:

I don't think he'll ever be good enough to be anything more than a 3rd/4th CB option when we'll finally have a competitive team in hopefully a few years. He might actually be a "starter" next season but that will be just in absence of better options not because he'd truly deserve that.

Fortunately, his resume and references from the club's greatest coaches trump what you think

That said, I'll give him a chance and would be happy to be proven wrong but I just don't see a modern day defender we need in him (he'd be great for Pep's team 10 years ago as was Pique though). Oscar is more likely to become that imo eventhough he's rashy and not as good on the ball. I don't want 5 CBs whose main strength are their passing skills, we need someone who can actually do his primary job (defending) well. Araujo is imo by far the best defender amongst our current CBs (and this won't change with Garcia's arrival) but he's still inexperienced and also injury prone which I'm affraid will prevent him to fully develop into what he could become.

I'm sure a Catalan kid who has Captained at every youth playing level at Barca appreciates you giving him a chance at the club he has dreamt about triumphing at the entirety of his life - when you invest that much into Barca, much less coaching or assessing talent, let's talk about whether what you think actually matters when it comes to the player's ambition or talent

It's posts like these that embarrass yourself - stay in your lane and enjoy the game/Barca rather than pretend you know about what is required of players at Barca

Home of Barca Fans