Eric Garcia (loaned to Girona)

vuji_31

I don't belive he is wc talent like Upamecano or De Ligt.
But probably better and cheaper option then tall slow guy from Villareal.

He is free, better then Umtiti and have some experience.

He is weak but great on the ball. Him and Araujo could be decent pairing for mid/low teams.

Doubt anyone want to see this guy in first eleven against Mbappe,Neymar,Haaland,Lewa and the rest of big boys.

Andresito

Staff member
I don't know how you can say that when he's barely played. Besides, when I've watched him, he's struggled in every game he's played for City. If he was good enough, he would be starting. He's years away from being a consistently good defender.

At least it's not a gamble since he's a free signing.

He needs guidance and development when it comes to the pure footballing stuff, which is pretty wide. Everything from physique to positioning, to tackling and so on.

Pique has gotten a lot of shit for his mentality and lack of professionalism, I think you can agree on that. Those problems logically won't occur with Garcia. But Eric by no means is a world class defender right now and still has lots to learn.

Look at Pedri. Humble, hard-working and pure professional. Doesn't mean Pedri is a fully developed footballer. Eric is the same.

xXKonan

The signing of Eric Garc?a is becoming a bit more complicated. His agent, Ivan de la Pe?a, has raised his financial claims. [
@sinconcesiones
]

Richard.H

The signing of Eric Garc?a is becoming a bit more complicated. His agent, Ivan de la Pe?a, has raised his financial claims. [
@sinconcesiones
]

I don't give a crap about Eric Garcia. It's not like there aren't other CB's we can pursue. We need to take a harder approach with negotiations. Either you take the deal or not. Hopefully Laporta doesn't bend over like Bartomeu

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
@sinconcesiones
]

Marcal Lorente?

Doubt there's any truth in this then, but if it is......goodbye I guess? Eric Garcia is not some generational defender we should be making such a great effort for.

JamDav1982

Thought he was the leader Barca always needed returning for the love of the club?

That is the narrative by the folk who think hyping every young player makes them a staunch cule.

If it is true let him go somewhere else. Barca held of signing him to save money not to give it to him in summer.

Catta

He picked the wrong time to ask for more money. If Araujo and Mingueza didn't have a breakthrough season, maybe he would get it.

Rory

Bang average player not chased by any other big club wants big money to move to ?club he loves? next joke please

Porque

I'm presuming that the add-on fee's are lower than the previous boards and Ivan de la Penya ain't too happy about it. Rumour is he was so angry that he sprouted a hair.

Birdy

Pass...
His qualities are already present in the squad in Pique, Mingueza, and Lenglet.
Better put all the cards on stealing Alaba from Madrid

JamDav1982

Maybe de la Pena is testing the waters for how much Barca now want Garcia and will fight for signing. Even if not to up the cash but to make effort to show how much still wanted.

CB situation has changed a fair bit since last summer.

Home of Barca Fans